Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its a guessing game!

Like they said "its a guessing game..."

Thats a hands down Ferrari, when you follow the shape, size, curves, etc. Its a hands down Ferrari. Their just trying to mix things up. How did Alfta Romeo get in their???

Ferrari all the way and I can put money where my mouth is!!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'd dispute the characterization of the Spyder and Coupe as "poorly executred" harrumph.

Back when the rumor was that what became the GranTurismo was going to be a 2 seat hardtop Spyder, C&D or R&T claimed it was going to be called the Ghibli.

·
Registered
835 Posts
doesn't look maserati'ish gotta be a ferrari. where is the maserati grille...?

·
Registered
191 Posts
how about the horse on the rear and the ferrari grill. nope that is a ferrari.
I wouldn't assume that though... car companies will go to some lengths to disguise their test mules.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What catches my eye is the fact that it looks so much like the Ferrari 599. Ferrari don't typically run around in near-production trim while being tested. Could that be the play? Cloak a Maserati test mule in Ferrari sheet metal to keep everybody off guard? OK, I admit, wishful thinking, but.....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
ferrari dino

looks a lot like the new ferrari dino in my opinion....

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Edmunds is full of shit and just trying to fish for a story to get attention. That car's design screams Ferrari and has nothing in common with a current Maserati designs.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
On another note I would love to be wrong and Edmunds right. This would be an awesome car for the Maserati lineup.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I read a quote from Ferrari that they will never put out a Dino or any "cheaper" Ferrari. Cloaking this smaller car in Ferarri badges would be a good way to through the public off until the Maser two seater was ready for an announcement.

There were those rumors about a smaller, lighter, faster Mas.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I read a quote from Ferrari that they will never put out a Dino or any "cheaper" Ferrari. Cloaking this smaller car in Ferarri badges would be a good way to through the public off until the Maser two seater was ready for an announcement.

There were those rumors about a smaller, lighter, faster Mas.
After my two post the rumor starting going to my head and I thought the same thing. In one of the photos the horse is right on the back which is BS, mules never have badging so I am guessing that was a nice photoshop adjustment.

Only time will tell on this one and I don't have lots of patience.

·
Registered
81 Posts
looks like the same mule, don't you think?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/204171/ferrari_420_dino.html

i admire people with such photoshop skills.
Are you serious? Those two cars look nothing alike. The car first posted is obviously clothed in 599gtb-like body work and the car you posted is a photoshopped Porsche Cayman made to look like what they think a modern day Dino would resemble.
I'm not sure if it's a Maserati, Dino or Alfa but my bet says it's the new Dino. What does Maserati have to gain by dressing the next Spyder in a Ferrari suit for testing? It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that in order for them to be competitive they will have to offer a convertible. The Ferrari and Maserati divorce got kinda ugly so I doubt they would allow Maserati to use Ferrari in such a way.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
hey you get porsche panamera dressing up as M5 or a 928 or something..., so seriously, why not a maserati dressed up as a ferrari?

don't think this is the spyder they are testing...

perhaps this next maserati is based loosely on the 599 chassis and layout? that would be really nice. :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
What does Maserati have to gain by dressing the next Spyder in a Ferrari suit for testing? It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that in order for them to be competitive they will have to offer a convertible. The Ferrari and Maserati divorce got kinda ugly so I doubt they would allow Maserati to use Ferrari in such a way.
What do they have to gain? How about people putting off purchasing a GranTurismo to wait for a new Spyder? Yes everyone knows that they will eventually build another Spyder, the questions is WHEN?

If people think it will be release within a year, they will wait. If it will be released in 2 to 3 years, then you'll have customers doing a 36 month lease on a GranTurismo now and replace it with the new Spyder when the lease expires.

Joe

·
Registered
835 Posts
...The Ferrari and Maserati divorce got kinda ugly so I doubt they would allow Maserati to use Ferrari in such a way.
please enlighten me...how ugly did it get? at the end of the day it was a tranfer from ferrari to fiat and who holds 90% of ferrari?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts