Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me begin by saying that the survey is done informally in HK and therefore should not be viewed as a definitive study...

I found that there are more people in HK preferrign the old shape... basically the only group that supports the new shape are the sales at the dealers. But even some are quite reluctant on the auto gearbox.

Also (and guys will be very interested to know this) is that there is a HUGE preference by females (both single and married, avialable and unavailable, girls and mommies) on the old shape. The smoother flow of the lines and the less "agro" stand of the older version is appealing to the female sector here.

As for guys - most comments are "we will wait". Sidelined. Some said they have placed an order BUT have the option to jump out and onto a QP if the real thing sucks. There will be an official launch in HK/Macau in July. So we will have to see how that goes with the real thing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
there is a HUGE preference by females
Interesting, I was a huge Porsche fan and had never considered a Maserati. It's my wife who convinced me to try the Coupe after she saw the car in one of the magazines. :D

When I saw the new shape, I showed it to her, her first reaction wasn't positive either, she didn't like the huge front air-intake and next to it the small headlights. Not very well proportioned.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have to agree re the gender appeal of the old coupe/spyder - most guys are OK with the looks of my 06 GS spyder, most women really like it. More women have asked for rides in it than guys. Can't complain.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's so amazing in this car. I have foreigners in taxis winding down their windows at a stop light and ask me to rev the car...

once i parked my car outside a pub and sat inside counting how many people will stop and stare at the car... again mostly foreigners (no offence guys but here in HK, i think most chinese knows ferraris but only a handful knows maseratis). Anyways a huge portion of those are women. I might just put a for sale sign on the windscreen and see how many will leave a number.

:)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not huge nor official.

But there were a couple of ocassions where there are over a hundred people - so let's say 300 people. Predominantly people who drives in HK and have one or more cars.

Females should be slighly more...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts