Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like tomorrow will be the day that I take delivery on my GranSport. Made me almost enjoy the time change as I moved one hour closer. I am changing up from a '05 Coupe, which I greatly enjoyed in the time I had it, but feel the GS will match my needs and driving style better. I got to see it on Friday, just off the truck from NJ, and hope to have it in my garage by tomorrow night.

My combo is:

Grigiio Alfieri exterior with Grigiio Chiaro/Grey textile/Black piping - the interior greys match very well with just the piping and the texture of the materials offering interior contrast
Yellow Callipers
Carbon under-door mouldings
Carbon door mouldings
Carbon rear spoiler
Powered Hi-Fi/CD-changer...looking at the Dension MP3 hard drive unit as a possible alternative
Heat+Memo driver seats
Xenon headlights
Skyhook

A little disappointed that I will have to go through the break-in process all over again and I will definitely miss some of the interior amenities of the Coupe and I loved the color...Argentina blue really stood out...but when it comes down to it...the driving experience is what I am after and the GS brings that to the table the moment you press the ignition button. If all goes well I will try to post pictures soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car was delivered on Moday afternoon...and unfortunately my driving has been limited by my work schedule...arrived with 45 miles and I have 120 on the odometer now. I do plan to leave the office early this afternoon and when I do...my normal 5 mile commute will most certainly increase. I love the car...after driving the Coupe for four months I am surprised on how different the GS is. The Coupe is a great car and I had a lot of fun with it but the GS fits my style of driving much better although as I mentioned before...the Coupe's interior was very inviting.

I have yet to take it out of Sport mode(nice that it maintains Sport mode even upon startup) as the shifting is just too different from normal and I would miss the sound of the exhaust. I will be giving it a good cleaning this weekend and will take some pics for posting.

Curious if there are any other Grigiio Alfieri cars out there...I really like the charcol grey especially with the yellow calipers but don't seem to ever see any. I also originally thought I would have preferred the black grilles although the chrome is growing on me. I am happy with the interior and glad that I went with the carbon...flows well with the black piping and keeps the color combos within the car to a minimum. Too bad we don't get the Trofeo brakes on the GS...the bigger wheels have plenty of room for them.

I will also be installing a radar/laser system and vacillated between K-40 and other options. Decided yesterday to go with the Laser Echo LE-30 and the Valentine one. Will have a female outlet for the Valentine's power flush mounted up in the dome light cover(facing the windshield) so all I have to do is have a 6" cord pluged in there when in use. On the LE-30 I think I will forego the LED and rely on the speaker only. Basically wanted to keep any modifications to the car and install process to a minimum(always worry about how things get put back together) Anyone else have any experience?

exterior with Grigiio Chiaro/Grey textile/Black piping - the interior greys match very well with just the piping and the texture of the materials offering interior contrast
Yellow Callipers
Carbon under-door mouldings
Carbon door mouldings
Carbon rear spoiler
Powered Hi-Fi/CD-changer...looking at the Dension MP3 hard drive unit as a possible alternative
Heat+Memo driver seats
Xenon headlights
Skyhook

·
Registered
824 Posts
TylerCoupe said:
Will have a female outlet for the Valentine's power flush mounted up in the dome light cover(facing the windshield) so all I have to do is have a 6" cord pluged in there when in use.
I am trying to hardwire in my Valentine 1. (LE-30 will come later.... I have an original LE-10 lying around somewhere... I live near Lidatek!)

I know this is an older thread but wondering what wires you tapped into in the dome light cover for power?

I took mine out, there are 4 wires to the dome light: +12v always on, ground, instrument illumination, door switch.

No switched 12v (either accessory or ignition).

By removing the dome light housing I found the wires to the rear view mirror, but I'm not keen on cutting into the loose sheathing without knowing there is something promising there to use as a power source. I know the autodimming mirror is disabled in reverse.

Does anyone have pinouts/wire colors for the mirror wires (there are TWO cable bundles up there, one running to the left, one right across, presumably for the passenger vanity mirror).

Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Glenn Wallace
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing