Maserati Forum banner

A funny thing happened to me today

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  scott 
#1 ·
I drove back from the car wash in my new GS. Just outside my apartment driveway as I was turning in, a car was coming out. I stopped. The car backed away.. .but I could not engage into 1st gear. I could not engage Reverse. Basicially I could not do anything...dead in the water. Then a car pulls up behind me. Now I was stuck in the middle not able to move. I quickly pulled out my mobile phone and called the dealership.

"CHECK IF ANY OF UR DOORS ARE OPEN"

True enough, the bonnet/hood was not fully closed. I get out lock the bonnet properly... 1st gear engaged.

Talk about embarassing. Didn't notice the hood light on the dash being on too. Then again, the car wash is like 400m away from my home.

Apparently its a safety feature of the car... but how then did I drive back from the car wash to my apartment??? huh?

#2 ·
Would happen to me with my M3 SMG, Seems to be a safety feature on cars with Sequential or CC transmissions but not on third pedal cars. Not sure why one needs it and one doesn't. Hood was most likely not latched properly and then while driving came even more disengaged

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.