Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get others impressions on how their cars have performed at the track. I went out to Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia a few weeks ago (a dealer event). My first time on any track so I have no reference point, but I gotta tell ya, I highly recomend getting your cars out and letting them do what they were designed to do. The rest of the field, about 60 cars were mostly Ferrari's, I was one of only 3 Maserati's on the track. Unfortunately my girlfriend was using a film camera and I haven't had time to scan them in so I can't post pics yet.

I'm most insterested in seeing if anyone has experience with both Maserati's and other makes/models and could fill everyone in on the differences in the context of a race track. For example, handeling characteristics of Maserati vs Porsche, etc? How much of an advantage is the cambio vs the GT gearbox given the same driver/experience? I'd think cambio would have an advantage. Two things I took away 1) my Tubi sounded ~sweet~ compared to the other Ms there that obviously had the stock exhaust. 2) Don't expect to win a race against a Lamborghini Gallardo, you will get smoked :)

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe, I know what you mean about all the dudes with pretty Nomex suits, gloves and shoes. That was cracking me up... but to their credit, they will cook much slower than I will if their car catches fire. If I went to the track a lot, I'd get a real seat with 5-point harness and maybe even a HANS device. Those pretty fire proof suits won't keep me from breaking my neck in a roll over or hard wall hit.

Thanks for the advice on blip-braking. I had always thought my lack of blip when braking was something screwy with my ECU/program. Now that you say that is normal behavior, I'm thinking they don't blip on braking for safety reasons. Believe it or not, coming to a quick stop at a light with quick down shifts has actually caused me to stall on more than 1 occasion. Easily remedied by timing the downshifts but now I think I'll explore giving it a little tap on the gas. I see you have straight pipes... have you ever have stall issues due to lack of back pressure? Next time I'm at the track, I'll try it without the anti-slip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.