Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
MikeA,

What do you mean by traditional heel/toe technique? There's only two pedals in the CC. Left foot brake, right foot gas. I always thought heel/toe was for cars with clutches and unless you're racing at the limit, not really needed in modern sports cars.

Marc

· Registered
52 Posts
I wasn't referring to clueless people who ride the brake with their left foot cause they never learned to use a manual. I've always driven sports cars with clutches and the heel/toe technique is necessary in order to downshift and brake smoothly. However, I've found that it's a lot easier to use both feet in the CC or automatic (or when karting). You gotta admit, the foot position when heel/toeing is a bit unnatural.

With left foot braking you can stay on the brakes until the last possible second, then hit the gas right at the apex. So even if you're not trying to match revs I think it makes a smoother, faster transition. I feel I have more control this way. With a manual tranny, this is of course a moot point. Either way it's up to the driver.

Marc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.