Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , I own a Limited edition 2017 GT and have been having problems with the A/C for the past year. It just starts on its own , summer and winter it surprises me by working on its own to its max , where I would have to turn it off. Has anybody experienced such an issue in GT limited edition or just GT? Really appreciate the help

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Hello , I own a Limited edition 2017 GT and have been having problems with the A/C for the past year. It just starts on its own , summer and winter it surprises me by working on its own to its max , where I would have to turn it off. Has anybody experienced such an issue in GT limited edition or just GT? Really appreciate the help
I did have this happen a few times with my OEM climate control, and it would sometimes defrost on its own as well. I never tried to figure it out as it would do this exactly when It needed to be done. Just figured I had some kind of auto setting turned on...

·
Super Moderator
4,774 Posts
Unless it's been changed there's a max defrost and a max cool setting, but they shouldn't engage without being selected.

C

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,121 Posts
Since I keep my AC on at max cold, full blast, all year round, I never gave the “default” start any thought, but I tested it today by turning it off at certain temps, cold or warm, AC on, AC off , defrosters on or off, and at different fan speeds variations , and then turning it on . The system starts are the same temps and fan setting at which it was it was when I last turned off the car. ( 2013 GTs coupe )

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,121 Posts
One exception/deviation to the info I posted above : if I’m driving and the settings are at , let’s just say, 62 F and 2 “bars“ fan strength, if I lower the temps to the coldest ( LO ) setting or, if I push the AC button, the fan speed will go to the maximum bars automatically, so I have to manually lower it back if I want . But it still starts at whatever setting I turned the car off , the next time I get in, or the next day, etc..

·
Registered
326 Posts
I wanna say this is answered in another thread but yes, its design to kick on automaticlly... the fan will run up... get the car to that temp and then the fan rolls back down... its a temp management system/sensor... I do know if you fan down the unit before turning off the car, it will stay off.

I believe it defaults to 71 or 73 degrees with AC lit in AUTO when you reconnect battery...

If your selected temp is 73 or above, the snowflake wont kick on at start up...

·
Super Moderator
4,774 Posts
One exception/deviation to the info I posted above : if I’m driving and the settings are at , let’s just say, 62 F and 2 “bars“ fan strength, if I lower the temps to the coldest ( LO ) setting or, if I push the AC button, the fan speed will go to the maximum bars automatically, so I have to manually lower it back if I want . But it still starts at whatever setting I turned the car off , the next time I get in, or the next day, etc..
Exactly what it's meant to do if you set it to 'Lo'

C

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanna say this is answered in another thread but yes, its design to kick on automaticlly... the fan will run up... get the car to that temp and then the fan rolls back down... its a temp management system/sensor... I do know if you fan down the unit before turning off the car, it will stay off.

I believe it defaults to 71 or 73 degrees with AC lit in AUTO when you reconnect battery...

If your selected temp is 73 or above, the snowflake wont kick on at start up...
Hi , thanks for the feed about the A/C issue I have been having with my limited edition GT. I have contacted the agency here and international and all what they would say it that my car runs normal , at the beginning of the issues they tried to work on it and replaced the whole system which means that it’s not normal for the a/c to start off on its own. My car stayed for 2 months running tests on it and at the end they say it’s normal. I tried to ask what normal means and how the a/c texcnically works but all what I get is normal. I was wondering if you have an idea about the A/C system in the GT ( it’s a 2017 limited edition , I don’t know if it being limited or being an edition of 2017 makes a difference 0, I just wanna know how it technically operates. I hope you would be able to help.

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Since I keep my AC on at max cold, full blast, all year round, I never gave the “default” start any thought, but I tested it today by turning it off at certain temps, cold or warm, AC on, AC off , defrosters on or off, and at different fan speeds variations , and then turning it on . The system starts are the same temps and fan setting at which it was it was when I last turned off the car. ( 2013 GTs coupe )
Why on earth do you need to do that??? By chance, were you Mr.Feeze in the 60"s on Batman??

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,121 Posts
By chance, were you Mr.Feeze in the 60"s on Batman??
Just about ...;) I must have had a polar bear somewhere in my ancestry DNA .
when it’s cold you can always dress warm, but when it’s warm you can’t dress cold :cautious:

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
note to self
When consorting with DSGT, always use separate vehicles, CHECK! 😂

Reactions: DSGT

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,121 Posts
And on that note , if I come to Atlanta again, it’s going to be in Dec-Jan-Feb timeframe . Last time I was there ( February of 1983 or 84 I think ) there was a light dusting of snow on the ground . I was shocked ..never heard of anything other than Hotlanta, but I guess y’all have some seasons ..occasionally. 😎

p.s. friends don‘t tell friends that 1980 was over 40 years ago :eek::cautious:

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
And on that note , if I come to Atlanta again, it’s going to be in Dec-Jan-Feb timeframe . Last time I was there ( February of 1983 or 84 I think ) there was a light dusting of snow on the ground . I was shocked ..never heard of anything other than Hotlanta, but I guess y’all have some seasons ..occasionally. 😎

p.s. friends don‘t tell friends that 1980 was over 40 years ago :eek::cautious:
LOL :p Mum's the word!
We do experience a lil taste of Winter, maybe a week or 2 at the most, in the low 20's, a pollen filled Spring (yuck) :cautious:, and a HOTlanta as hell Summer but then a gorgeous Fall...

Reactions: DSGT
1 - 16 of 16 Posts