Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I took apart the center instrument panel to send the buttons off to have them all fixed by Robbie at "stickynomore.com". They came back today looking good. So I put everything back together and everything works, every little button light and gizmo, except the a/c blower motor. the compressor engages and if you drive fast enough icy cold air is forced through the system. the digital display reflects position changes made to the a/c knobs, ie: vent setting, temp setting and even fan speed as if the system is working. Would this be so if I re-assembed or re-attached something incorrectly???? Both fuses (5 and 45 I think) that are marked a/c in the manual are good. I turned off the master battery switch and on again. while the dash was apart, I had the battery on a tender.

Now what? R & R everything again and double check and look for loose connection/bungled re-assembly? Its too much of a coincidence for the blower motor to simply die while the controls were out. Is there a fuse or relay or something that I am missing here? Thanks guys. I thought I would at least ask here before taking it all apart......again.
:help:
JJ

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would look at few things.

Does the Blower work at MAX? The max setting usually bypasses the resistors that slow the fan down to the the settings.

Check to see if there is a missed connector, and if that is fine, see if you power the blower directly, to see if the blower still works.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks fred

It does not work at max.

I plan to R&R today again.

I have two questions::::
where does the 12v lead plug into the blower motor so I can put 12v to it directly, and, is there a plug just behind the console that goes to that blower motor. I can only think that:

1)I buggered the reassembly of the a/c control unit with the three knobs
(unlikely since the display screen shows all control knobs working, just no air moving)

or 2)I forgot to hook up a connector;

or 3)I hooked it up, but as I re-assembled everything, a connector popped off and I didn't notice that

or 4) the blower motor is toasted.....why now other than it's a maserati!

I was thinking once I get the console panel off again, that is a good time to run 12 to the blower. from what i can see on the eurospares diagram, the blower motor is somewhat to the right, perhaps behind or under the glove box. But if it blows, i will play around with the three knob control unit some more than replace it all and keep my fingers crossed.

the three knob unit is $1400 on ebay but about 1/3 that from eurospares. go figure. But I can't imagine that's the problem since like I said, the display shows all the functions of all three knobs working!

JJ

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problem solved

Fred, thanks for the help. As I took everything out again to see what was wrong, I noticed one of the connectors to the a/c control box with the three knobs was loose. snapped it in and everything worked. feel stupid and happy at the same time!
jj

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, so I took apart the center instrument panel to send the buttons off to have them all fixed by Robbie at "stickynomore.com". They came back today looking good. So I put everything back together and everything works, every little button light and gizmo, except the a/c blower motor. the compressor engages and if you drive fast enough icy cold air is forced through the system. the digital display reflects position changes made to the a/c knobs, ie: vent setting, temp setting and even fan speed as if the system is working. Would this be so if I re-assembed or re-attached something incorrectly???? Both fuses (5 and 45 I think) that are marked a/c in the manual are good. I turned off the master battery switch and on again. while the dash was apart, I had the battery on a tender.

Now what? R & R everything again and double check and look for loose connection/bungled re-assembly? Its too much of a coincidence for the blower motor to simply die while the controls were out. Is there a fuse or relay or something that I am missing here? Thanks guys. I thought I would at least ask here before taking it all apart......again.
:help:
JJ

·
Registered
153 Posts
You bumped a thread from a decade ago. You will get more responses if you start a new thread and explain your problem in the specific subforum above for your car.

2,966 Posts
Preach it brother...I'm not sure why folks keep doing this, but it is annoying...Quit jumping on a 10 year old thread expecting a worthy reply...I honestly find this forum pretty easy to use yet new people just post all over...I don't get it..Find your model and ask a question...It is even broken into technical, upgrades etc.. Just the model...Geez! J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts