Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody knows of a bra for our cars to protect it from small rock chips...???

I've been taking to the country side more and more and I don't like to run behind the group so as a result I've been getting quite a few chips on my baby's nose and thought a bra might solve part of my problems... anybody knows of a manufacturer of such thing...???
Please don't say Victoria's Secret
;)

Thanks in advance for your input!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
the PO of my Spyder put the 3M clear plastic shields on. Can't see it unless you get right up close and protects very well. The only quibble I have is that the edges tend to collect dirt and grit and need special attention when detailing.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Steel,

I don't think dirt on the edges of the 3M plastic would be as noticeable on mine as it is on yours because of the color ...too bad it is not readily available down here, but... I've found a solution for now... my son came up with the idea to use this contact laminate that my wife uses for covering the school books of my girl... it would not be a permanent thing as the 3M plastic though but I would put it just for when we go out on a trip and remove it as soon as the trip is over... I think it may work!!! what do you say???

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's surely worth a try... the tricky thing is getting the shapes cut properly. I don't know about El Salvador, but we've got these "Fast Sign" shops that are set up to plot and cut large pieces of vinyl - they might be able to do the job for you, plus they can save the parameters for fine tuning the next time around.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Paco,

Would NOT try Contact film... the clearcoat in the Masers is not the hardest on earth, and you (really) risk damaging it. There are several companies making kits for Maser Coupes, using 3M polyurethane films, which you could install yourself. Have a look into

http://www.xpeleu.com/why-paintshield.jsp

(these guys have several kits for the Coupes, depending on the level of protection you want)

or

http://www.clearmask.com/

Maybe you could purchase a kit and have it shipped to El Salvador, and fit it yourself.

BTW have seen a TVR Chiamera last week-end with one of those at a performance cars gathering in a pub near London... it was a deep, dark blue car, and believe me, after some detailing runs you could not avoid a white line appearing on the film edges, where wax got invariably trapped.

But, maybe that's preferable to a respray...

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts