Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally decided to lower the spyder.
(after debating whether to trade in for Aston Martin V8 Roadster).

I have no idea why all the spyders/coupes/GS came off the factory line with this huge fender gap. I was told by some porsche dealer that it has to do with bumper or headlight height regulation.

The SUV look is now gone! The ride is now firmer; the damping in normal is like sport, and things like potholes do rattle the spyder more.

I have not yet done an alignment. Cornering is obviously better now =P

Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Looks great! How much did you lower it?

I have to say, those pix show as much artistry as the car.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice!

is that a MCV front bumper?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looks grand. Get ready for the car to draw much more attention when you take it out.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dean, i asked the dealer to lower it 3/4" so that the fender gap looks uniform, but they got back to me saying 'it doesn't look lowered'. so they ended up doing it again, and got 1" lowered.

vincent, very good eyes ;) remember we were talking about whether lowering your car? so far it's been all good here. it does look scary cos the mcv spoiler sticks out an inch more.... i cannot imagine doing it in HK with those steep driveways.

CDF, it does look sharp now! the exhaust actually sounds louder now too, with more reverberations from the lowering...

·
Registered
633 Posts
That CF front spoiler isn't usually avaliable on the 90th right? only the MC comes with that, where'd you get it???

(BTW, we are selling a 90th in the D.C. area. email [email protected])

·
Registered
279 Posts
Congras!

The car looks real nice... unfortunately here in HK, I cant afford to go and replace the MCV bumper everytime I go up a driveway/ramp.

so I will keep the SUV look. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
202 Posts
it looks bad ass man!!!

i probably would have gone a bit lower, but when i looked at the MC spoiler i can see why not.

congrats and have fun.

-willie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts