Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought her new in 1990 as a 3yr old leftover! Currently have about 26k miles on her. The Biturbo's can be a blast to drive. They really get a bad rap. Compared to the Bimmers of the day there was no contest as far as HP. If taken care of properly there should not be many issues. Mine has been pretty much rock solid since new.

Only major issue that I have had is last year I had to have the rear oil seal replaced as it had dried out from not enough use. Since the engine was out of the car I decided to have the clutch replaced as well even though it didn't need it, $4,500 big ones.

Anyway, heres some Maser pics & 1 Alfa pic. You can find some nice ones out there for pretty much the price of a used Hyundai.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey great spyder!! Noticed your in new york. Who works on your car? I want to swap out my turbos soon. One has a small hairline crack and i'm loosing about a pound or two of boost because of it.

Bought my 85 last year from a guy in california and love it. No problems with the car except the turbo issue above. Did some cosmetics, wheel alihnment and tune up thats all. See the pics below.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes turbos are original and no boost issues etc, 28k miles now. The wheels are Asev Type C 15". Bought them from here maybe 10yrs ago http://www.cecwheels.com/ They drilled them and supplied the necessary spacers. I was using Alfredo's Foreign Cars in Larchmont where I bought the car but for the last 6-7 yrs have been using Expert Auto in Stamford Ct. Giuseppe is the owner, takes in a lot of Italian cars and is very resonable, I take both the Alfa and Maser there now.

Congrats to me...passed inspection this am after having some issues last yr. Nothing a little Italian tuneup can't solve :)
Now only 3 more yrs and she is free from emissions testing.

iclaudius212...Your car looks great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts