Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody i'm new here and i just brought 1982 biturbo
(sorry for my bad english, i'm bulgarian)
there is some mehanical problems with it and if i have problems solving something i will ask you later, but now i need some advice for some major things:
1. rims and suspension, what offset and board fits well (i don't like the stock 14 inch 6j rims)and what is the stock offset, what kind of springs and coils should fit well i want it to be a lot lower and harder than stock.
2.intercooler
3.turbo pressure, how much is stock and is it strong enought for more?

thanks and sorry again for my english :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Boosting a biturbo is always a bit of hazard, really not cheap to repair if anything goes wrong. With the height be careful also, the engine is very low, you hit the ground very easily. You probably know all that stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re:

Hi and congrats on your purchase! Being that I am in the middle of a serious restoration on my '87 I might be able to help you out with a few things.

1. Factory wheels have an offset of 0. You can easily fit a 16x9" wheel in the back and a 16x8 in the front. 17" will be easily fit up to 9 or possible 10" all the way around with the correct offset. Talk to Ingo at www.tunershop.com as he and I are both running the same wheels on our Biturbos. On the site, there are a few pictures of his as well.

2. Boost is set at 8psi per turbo (according to my boost guage...) but that may not be accurate on factory settings. I have rebuilt my engine and set boost electronically according to my rebuild.

I hope that helps you a little. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stock boost is supposed to be 11 psi, which is about .75 Bar.

I installed my own intercooler on my 84. It is a universal air-to-air I got on Ebay. I used a Y pipe to connect the 2 turbos and another Y after the intercooler so I could connect to both sides of the plenum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts