Maserati Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I have put on about 3500 miles in a 6sp 2002. I have posted on the subject before, but the linkage has been adjusted twice by the dealer (covered under warranty) and it has helped significantly.

My issue was always the shift from 1st to 2nd, which is a classic Ferrari difficulty. As long as I am on the throttle it is much better, but in traffic it can still be difficult at times. I learned to drive with the seat more foreward and upright to reach the gears, but it was an easy transition. Also, the clutch is no lightweight so moving the seat up helps. It is probably a better driving position (closer to the wheel) anyway.

I do prefer it to the CC transmission. Unlike the CC transmission, I do not think there have ever been any changes to the manual from 2002-2005. I have never seen any clutch woes on this website regarding the manual.

One thing that always baffled me is the description of the "computer assisted clutch" on the window sticker. As of yet, no mechanic, salesman, or website has explained it.

Overall it is not the best manual, but you can still do a hell of a burnout and break the tires easily in 2nd and 3rd gear shifts(ASR off), which is more than the CC people can say.

Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts