Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

got the Ghibli back from the body shop after 3 month work and it looks great except under the bonnet which needs some TLC but it is running well so I can take my time over that.
I need your help with the heating system however. At some stage the heater inlet valve has been removed and replaced with a compression joint tap and I would like to replace it with the original. I've seen one on e-bay in Australia (link attached). Can anyone confirm if this looks like the one on their own car. I reckon all the V8's from that period shared the same component so I'd appreciate it if you could check it out for me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FERRARI-MASERATI-HEATER-TAP-1966-1973_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33548QQihZ013QQitemZ230156519967

Many thanks

Coops

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike,

I took a look on Eurospares earlier today and couldn't make much sense of it. looks like I should try a little harder next time, that info you provided was really useful. I've requested P&D on the part from them to see how it compares.

Cheers

Coops.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoa....£85 pounds inc the VAT and carriage. That ebay item appeals to my typical Yorkshireman tight-fistedness (read: 'cheap') countered by my typical....er....Yorkshire cautiousness :confused: Guess I'll have to cough up for the Eurospares part. Oz is a long way to go to get a refund.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did you also try MCI (Maserati Club International) here in the USA? They are actually about 3 miles from where I live, and have the largest inventory of older Maser GT parts of anyone.

Give Kerry or Stuart a ring at (253) 833-2598
http://www.maseratinet.com/

Good luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the end mean-ness overcame timidity and I ordered the ebay part: £30 instead of £85 was to hard to resist.:D

Actually I've been in contact with MIE regarding water pumps and they were extremely helpful. I'll certainly keep them in mind, especially with the favourable exchange rate as it is right now. If it turns out to be the wrong part, or worse still doesn't arrive at all, I'll definately give them a go.

Thanks for your help on this one Mike. There are plenty of other jobs still to do: once the heat is sorted it will be time to start thinking about the air-con, and that's a much bigger job.

Ciao for now

·
Registered
635 Posts
Glad I could offer some assistance. I've known Kerry at MIE for many years, and he has really worked had to restore MIE to what it started out to be back in the 70's.

I owned a 1980 4Porte for almost 18 years, and I would say 95% of the parts I needed came from MIE. Other good sources are Jacques (maseratisource) and Joe (usually on eBay as "Joedro")

Between the 3, I usually always got what I was looking for. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. I fitted the tap from e-bay and the heater works again. Just in time for summer.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts