Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering what would be better.....should i do a straight pipe since the car has a stock X-pipe or leave the muffler and change X- pipe what have you guys done? The car just needs a little bit more noise its a little quite.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did a resonator delete and still wasn't happy enough with the sound personally, so I went with a muffler delete as well. Now shes loud! Cold starts wake up the whole block. Everyone says shes too loud but I have yet to hear my own car from the outside or driving off so I really wouldn't know. Sounds perfectly fine from inside the cabin 😂😂.

6,037 Posts
You probably just want to get a x-pipe and leave the mufflers...The car does have a X-pipe from the factory, but the factory one has a resonator..Removing the mufflers is gonna make the car loud as hell and borderline obnoxious IMO...J

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not loud enough? I have an x pipe on mine and was contemplating putting the stock resonator back in. I hate loud vehicles. Obnoxious, stuff and more worthy of pickup drivers or those with muscle cars. Maseratis are suave vehicles and deserve better than to be linked together with those beasts or Harley tractors. (imo)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I will keep them for now as they are always a good "comes with" in case I sell the car and as it's now on winter hiatus, not worth dragging it out to have things swapped out as I will have to revive insurance. Spring will tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts