Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally on looks alone find it heads above any S55 or 750iL. I do like the A8, but the Maserati's styling won me over at the Detroit Auto show in Jan. I drove the S-class and 7 series when they were launched and preferred the 7 series so I at least have some benchmark to compare.

This review is not that great, with similar complaints, the gearbox should be smoother and ride is not on par with its competitors in class, but the key statment was at the end, when Vicki was asked if she would buy it and of course she said yes.

Phil
8)
http://www.flixvault.org/mazda-mercedes-mg-mini-mitsubishi-maserati.htm

·
Registered
252 Posts
Never put that much of your decision on reviews(Especially if HER name is Vicky :roll: ). If I had based my decision on the reviews I had read about the Maserati Spyder GT I would be a lot less happy right now driving around in a 911, which seemed to have better reviews. Friend has a 911 and we have switched cars and even he thinks my car is much more fun. Most reviewers spend way to little time in a car to evaluate it correctly. Even my car seems like a total different car than what I drove home from the dealer. After over 3 months of driving it I still have a huge smile on face on every outing. For the past 15 years or so I have changed cars about every two years always getting one of the hottest newer cars available and I can easily say this is the most fun car I have ever driven. Is also the only car I have ever had that continues to get comments from people on a daily basis. And I probably will continue to change cars every two years and as of right now about the only car I would want is the next generation Maserati Spyder

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe it or not "Vicki" has some qualifications. Here is a brief summary of her Vicki Butler-Henderson's career I found online, at least the motorsport portion of it. Not to shabby, I value her opinion.

Phil
8)

Vicki’s experience is extensive and first hand. She completed her first motor sport race at the age of 12 (in a 100cc kart) and was a racing instructor at Brands Hatch and Silverstone by the age of 17! On completing a journalism course Vicki started work at Car Mechanics magazine, before co-launching Max Power magazine and working as a road tester for Auto Express, the Daily Telegraph, The Times and becoming News Editor for What Car?
Vicki’s love of all things related to motor sport and speed has led her to spend a great deal of her spare time racing cars, everything from single seaters to saloon cars. She currently holds a Race National A licence as well as a Power Boats racing licence. She is also the proud owner of a Ducati Monster 750!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts