Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
GS not reliable...?

tonyswfla said:
I am considering an 08 Quattroporte; are these models as poorly reliable as gransports??
The new 'Auto' is just out....verdict is not in yet?...where have you heard that GS's are not reliable??...maybe early coupes??:confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reliaiblity

i know because i have an 05 GS; many problems over two years; cant wait to sell

·
Registered
279 Posts
Depends on what the problems are with your GS, the QP might have the same problems...

Honestly if you are taking teh auto box, I can imagine there will be less... but total trouble free? That will have to go on Santa's wishlist.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
tonyswfla said:
I am considering an 08 Quattroporte; are these models as poorly reliable as gransports??
how poorly reliable are the GS???

you don't get to buy an 08 QP until later in the year. may be check back with us then, or buy a more reliable LS460L or whatever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with M!. If it's all about reliability, go ahead and buy a soul-less car like a Lexus LS. (Looks to me like they poached from Chris Bangle, although it is a lot nicer looking than a 7 series.) My wife loves her Lexus. If you want a beautiful car, with a soul, that will help you feel alive, buy a Maserati. My QP has nearly 9,000 miles, so it's way to early to report on reliability, but I love it.

Art

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have 55,500 miles on my 05 QP. Has never stranded me. A little warranty work performed during scheduled visits; a water pump, clutch adjustment and a gas filler problem. Replaced the clutch at 29000 miles, the second clutch is still working fine. Rear brakes done at 29000 miles, still on original front brakes. Obviously I drive a lot of highway miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts