Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-
Greetings from Southern California. I just brought home an '06 Gransport. I was in the dealership looking at the Quattroporte and fell in love with this carbon fibre accented 2+2 machine.

I have put less than 100 miles on the car (due to rain-it just figures...) but this is a great new experience. I have owned BMW's and Porsches and I am just turning in my CLK55. This is like none of the above.

I am going to try and send a picture, but I am new at this.

Bruce

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bruce:

Which dealer did you purchase from? Which salesperson? And can you rate your experience? Thanks. . . Oh, and congratulations! I'm looking to do the same in the near future in--obviously--Southern Cal.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Bruce,

Welcome to the site. You are the 500th user to sign up! Enjoy the Gransport. We look forward to seeing the photos of your car.

Regards,
Andrew

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
500th user! Sounds like my lucky day.

I bought the car from Ferrari/Maserati Beverly Hills. To be honest, I did not shop around a lot. Many of my friends who own exotics all had "connections" for me to call, and all of them dissapointed me.

I worked with Nathan, and the best things I can say are that when I placed the order in June he told me that I should have the car before the end of October. The car came in exactly as ordered and I took delivery October 15th...almost to the day he promised.

They did not quote a price, as it was an '06 and I was pleasantly surprised that the car came in at the very low end of what I was expecting.

I just drove the car to work this morning and an hour later, my heartrate is still elevated. Nothing like driving along the Pacific Coast Highway at 7:00 am in a car like this.

I am trying to upload a photo, but i have not bee to successful yet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking more "batmobile" but I can live with the "darth vader" club. I am not crazy about the fabric interior, so I got all black leather inserts and the rest is carbon fibre. All black and no piping color.

·
Registered
188 Posts
sweater said:
I was thinking more "batmobile" but I can live with the "darth vader" club. I am not crazy about the fabric interior, so I got all black leather inserts and the rest is carbon fibre. All black and no piping color.
That sounds exactly like my GS... which I didn't order, I bought it off the floor. Bimbo's looks the same from his pics.

And much to my surprise a couple of weeks ago I ran into another identical GS on the highway.

Seems like this color combo is predominant when it comes to the GS?

My first choice would have been the dark grey exterior, that is a great color.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RG-
actually the exterior color is nero, which is a metallic -vary dark grey. almost black. It works well with the grigio wheel and red brake calipers. I didn't mind waiting to order it as the lease on the benz is not up until the end of october.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
sweater said:
RG-
actually the exterior color is nero, which is a metallic -vary dark grey. almost black. It works well with the grigio wheel and red brake calipers. I didn't mind waiting to order it as the lease on the benz is not up until the end of october.
nice!
nero better be almost black.

·
Registered
188 Posts
M! said:
sweater said:
RG-
nice!
nero better be almost black.
Yes, mine is Nero, it is definitely black. At least it looks definitely black to me.

But isn't there a saying that there is no black or white, just shades of grey? <g>

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Bruce and congrats on your new toy...

I have owned BMW's and Porsches and I am just turning in my CLK55. This is like none of the above.
...you are off to a good start by recognizing the fact that your Maserati is like non of the listed above, a Maserati is an "exotic" and the others are nothing more than expen$ive impot$.

Again congratulations, your car looks awesome... enjoy it!!!
vrooom vrooom

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats on the new car. May it treat you well.

Am I the only one who prefers the normal Coupe to the GS? I like the start button on the GS and some styling cues but I found the race-type seats uncomfy for a daily driver and I really like the normal coupe's info center. Is it just me? I guess I like the Maser's Jaguar appeal more than its Ferrari appeal.

Anyway: Congrats and enjoy!

-dsd

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm with you dsd, I like the Coupe a whole lot... from the GS I like the front spoiler but not the front grill, the rear bumper but not the side skirts, the push button start but not the console nor the info center... for now the only one thing that it would make jump out of my Coupe would be a Ferrari.

·
Registered
151 Posts
PacoSaca said:
for now the only one thing that it would make jump out of my Coupe would be a Ferrari.
From a pricing standpoint... i am of the opposite view. I jumped out of my 355 for the GS. And I wont be getting into a 360 soon.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Lung and thanks for your reply... first I was thinking of an older model Ferrari perhaps a Dino and also keeping my Coupe as but I'm now thinking of moving to a 360 and I would like to hear your points of view before I make a mistake I might regret.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
18 Participants
haha
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing