Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the GTS to my mechanic today for an oil change and a thorough inspection of just about everything else. All good ! (y) No valve cover leaks, or any other leaks / seepage, no significant dryness or hairline cracks in belts, or hoses or any other rubber parts, including suspension components ( bushings, etc. ), brake fluid and coolant tested ok, the rotors are all in great shape, as is most everything else. One exception is the cabin filter which was pretty dirty, so that was replaced. I expected that, we had a very bad pollen season and of course the last few weeks‘ daily dosage of ashes in the air ( I’m in California, the orange skies state ) made that filter look like a chain smoker‘s lung.
The only things this car has had done to it in 45 K miles and six years is : two oil changes, today being the third along with air filter changes, one differential oil change, two brake fluid changes, one set of brake pads replaced, the windshield wiper blades replaced once, and three sets of tires but the last one is very recent, so essentially two sets . Oh, and one battery replacement, in spite of the fact it was showing no signs of any problems after five years of service.

I tell you, this car is the Teflon / Kevlar edition GTS ;) I couldn’t be happier with it !

p.s. forgot : I did replace the NIT hard drive however, after the radio kept rebooting in hot weather , so the car hasn‘t been 100% flawless, just a mere 99 % ! ;)

4,540 Posts
Yep, always remember the car gods are looking at you and listening. Teflon edition? You are stirring up bad mojo....Not good...J

Reactions: Catmanv2

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
Like standing on a hill top, in a thunderstorm, wearing copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'....

C

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, since I’m not superstitious I don’t believe in “jinxing“ , and besides, our cars‘ god lives underwater ..so what’s he gonna do, splash me ? ;)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I knew J was gonna hit you with that one...LOL

·
Registered
169 Posts
You certainly have had a good run with your GT. Makes owning one of these masterpieces the jewel in the crown.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew J was gonna hit you with that one...LOL
I would expect no less ;)...and anyone whose knowledge and experience I respect as much as I do J’s , is welcome to throw a few tridents in this direction . Like my GT, I have pretty thick skin so I can take it ..just as well as I can dish it :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I would expect no less ;)...and anyone whose knowledge and experience I respect as much as I do J’s , is welcome to throw a few tridents in this direction . Like my GT, I have pretty thick skin so I can take it ..just as well as I can dish it :sneaky:
DITTO!

He got me the same a while back when I said basically the same thing...lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
Glad to hear DSGT. The equation is simple: Take care of your cars and they will take care of you (y)

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m almost ashamed to bring my Maserati to my mechanic‘s shop, I feel like he’s working on it as a charity case ( although I’m getting charity prices ), just because my ex-boss who has a collection of Ferraris and Aston Martins and is one of his long term clients referred me to him. The shop owner is such a nice, down to earth guy, he’s always very accommodating. It’s not as if he needs my oil change and air filter money once a year, lol. There is not a single day when I stop by the shop ( it’s only about ten minutes away from my house, and I stop by maybe once every other week just to chat with him and his mechanics and gawk / drool at the cars ) when he doesn’t have a multi-million dollar inventory in there on which they’re working. My Maserati is by far the cheapest car I ever see there . In addition to a dozen run of the mill Ferraris, Lambos, Aston Martins he always has in there, he works regularly on local clients‘ hyper cars ; an Enzo, a La Ferrari , Paganis , F 50 and F 40, I saw a Miura there , a Ford GT, and once he had a real GTO in the shop which he was tinkering with ..as in yes, a $ 45 + million car !! But he did have an MC12 in there also, so I’m not the only Maserati he works on 😆. Those are just the ones I have seen, who knows what else is in there are any given time .. He also works on a bunch of 427 Cobras, and has a business building 427 replica race cars, it’s another one of his passions . I wonder what his insurance, premium is .. a fire can do some serious $$$ damaged . The building has sprinklers everywhere but just the smoke damage and the water damage to something like a GTO if it’s in there at the time is pretty scary . BTW, his daily driver is a 599, he loves that car . And a Jeep Wrangler , so he’s definitely a “grounded“ guy :cool: .

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to hear DSGT. The equation is simple: Take care of your cars and they will take care of you (y)
Well, to be honest, I don’t really take care of it all that well ( I pay a lot more attention to the cosmetic aspect ), my preventive maintenance is typically done at twice the intervals recommended by Maserati, or conventional wisdom, and for some items even longer than 2x .. On the other hand, more than 80% of my daily driving is on the highway, and although I certainly don’t drive this car slowly by any means, I also don’t stress it too much testing its limits . That’s what my weekend Porsche is for ; unmitigated driving abuse ..and fun !!
So maybe it’s done so well because of the driving m.o. combined with luck ..

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Well, to be honest, I don’t really take care of it all that well ( I pay a lot more attention to the cosmetic aspect ), my preventive maintenance is typically done at twice the intervals recommended by Maserati, or conventional wisdom, and for some items even longer than 2x .. On the other hand, more than 80% of my daily driving is on the highway, and although I certainly don’t drive this car slowly by any means, I also don’t stress it too much testing its limits . That’s what my weekend Porsche is for ; unmitigated driving abuse ..and fun !!
So maybe it’s done so well because of the driving m.o. combined with luck ..
Daily driving is the 'take away' here (y)

Reactions: ddsski

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agree 100 % , if you let this car just sit, it’ll likely develop more problems than one
which you drive regularly ..at least two or three days a week, all year-round. I do know that people store their GTs in hibernation during the winter , and wonder how those cars fare when they’re back in the road.. maybe they’re ok, but usually not the case ..

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW, one of the eye candies in the shop this time was a 1964 Lamborghini 350 GT. Man, I’d love to have one of those as a weekend cruiser, but at half a million $s, it‘d probably be my wife who ends up driving it ..,on the way to a lake, with my body dismembered and stuffed in several hefty garbage bags in the car’s trunk 😛.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
So if you ever go missing from here...we have a good idea where and who to look for...lol

;)

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some look at a rabbit and all they see is a rabbit, others ( more industrious people ) see an opportunity for 4 keychains. Listen buddy, I live in California, I’ll see your “car mojo“ and counter it with mystic purple crystals, meditating vibes , and cannabis car wax ..all of which have greater secret powers than your mojo , any day ! ;):ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Oh I'm a believer...I've had enough CAR MOJO for every member of this forum! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Like standing on a hill top, in a thunderstorm, wearing copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'....

C
Actually like holding a 1 iron tothe sky in a thunderstorm.....even god can't hit a 1 iron.

Reactions: Catmanv2
1 - 20 of 22 Posts