Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a simple job ? i.e undo the scuttle cover and have a fiddle about down there ?

I'm contemplating doing mine for good measure, don't mind if it takes a while as long as there's nothing down there I could potentially upset !

Cheers

CJ

·
Registered
329 Posts
easy as baking a pie.

First make sure you have the new cabin filter.:D
Remove both wiper arms, then unscrew and remove the plastic cover under the wiper arms (be careful there are some small nut/and bolts, as well as screws holding the cover in place)
Below the plastic in the center is a cover plate, has several bolts holding the cover down to the body. After removing the cover, you will see the filter held in place by two screws - remove screws and filter.
Replace with new filter, and reverse the removal process.
Should not take longer than an hour.

Then I sat back and enjoyed a cold beer.:cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
funny...weren't we talking about the same thing y'day at the meet y'day?

easy as baking a pie.

Remove both wiper arms, then unscrew and remove the plastic cover under the wiper arms (be careful there are some small nut/and bolts, as well as screws holding the cover in place)
Below the plastic in the center is a cover plate, has several bolts holding the cover down to the body. After removing the cover, you will see the filter held in place by two screws - remove screws and filter.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks..

Cheers Dino - that's what I like to hear :)

Will do it this weekend and do a bit of engine bay detailing at the same time.

Is it 15 mins filter swap and 45 mins beer time ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
This was a thread I could not resist answering :D
That is so funny man...:)

i was actually thinking of buying one this week after our talk Sunday.

·
Registered
660 Posts
easy as baking a pie.

Just be wary that if you had the wiper blades taken out before, you would need a new set (that's what Maserati says, not me) as the inner threading seems to get worn when taken off (you need to do some juggling to get them off...)

Just my 2 c. If you need to replace the wipers, it is then the time to do so.

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts