Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having to get closer and closer to the car to operate the remote and think my battery is on the way out. How do I go about replacing the battery and is there anything I need to be aware of i.e get the new battery in within 0.2 milliseconds, don't look directly into it's eyes etc.

Cheers

CJ

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm having to get closer and closer to the car to operate the remote and think my battery is on the way out. How do I go about replacing the battery and is there anything I need to be aware of i.e get the new battery in within 0.2 milliseconds, don't look directly into it's eyes etc.

Cheers

CJ
Other than doing it blindfolded...

Nahh, just change it and that's it, like in any normal remote keyfob.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The two halves pretty much just pull apart, and then the photos should show the rest.

Make sure you don't lose the black surround for the battery (it'll rattle loose easier without it)

If you're having problems with the fob, and the battery doesnt fix it, check to make sure it fits securely. Also check the micro-switches & buttons; they can get finicky with age.

- Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Time to replace my battery as well. Mine has 2 Panasonic CR1220's stacked on top of one another. Does anyone know if that is that correct, or did the PO replace the original with these 2?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nevermind, clicking on the thumbnail from MOM I see the CR1220. Sorry for the noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts