Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, the joys of being a Maserati owner.......

After replacing the rubber gaiters for the ball joints on the rear upper arms in preparation for summertime, I fired my girl (2005 GS Spyder) up and wouldn`t you know it, the dash light up as a x-mas tree.........

ABS/MSP & skyhook warnings came on. Drove the car a little bit to see if it was a intermittent fault, but no. Then did a battery reset, but lights still come on (after start, not with ignition on only). Checked all wheel sensors and they give good readings. ABS and related fuses checked ok as well. ABS pump runs apparently ok, brakes are fine, as is suspension (goes to default mode non-sport when fault registered).

(PS just ignore the CEL light, it goes off)

Anyone had the same problems and can shed a light on this, and what caused it in their case?
Unfortunately my Galileo is broken (waiting for new tablet/pad) so I can`t trace any DTC`s, which of course should be where to start fault finding.

From reading on the forums, I suspect: a) faulty ABS ECU, or b) the dreaded diode-in-the-loom problem. or c) ribbon cable in instruments.

Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Tachometer

Either will be no good news
馃槥
or am I just too pessimistic?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK, a skyhook fault is limited to the skyhook system, but a wheel sensor will effect both. I would recheck the wheel sensors.
Hi Oishi, that was my initial thought as well, but on testing the sensors (and wiring) it seems OK on all 4 corners. It can of course still be a partially defective sensor, or that the tone ring on the hubs are corroded and give faulty readings, but that should not have given a warning without driving the car first (so the sensor could give bad readings to the ECU).

I just have to wait until my Galileo is up and running again (I get the tablet repaired).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all, problem solved :) It turned out that the pressure sensor on the ABS pump had an intermittent fault (it`s an analogue sensor giving 0-5V to the ABS ECU). Fault code was C1460. I swapped it with the same sensor from my M139 05` QP and hey presto no errors! New one on order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts