Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Find a local independent shop and let them do it. It will cost you about 1/3 of what the dealership would charge you.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Before I bought my car, dealership in Illinois told me around 2-2500$ now that time is approaching in 4 months I called to confirm price and they said about 2500 but closer to 3k. I’ll just call them and tell them Indianapolis dealer offered to do it for less and for them to match there price. That’s worked for me in the past
What dealership in Illinois told you it would be $3K?

·
Registered
961 Posts
From Maserati Maintenance Plan:

1) engine oil & filter (every 2 years or every 12,500 miles)
2) AC/Alternator belt (every 2 years) - seems crazy to me??
3) Water pump poly V spring belt (replace in 5th year)
3) air filter (replace every year or 12500 miles)
4) spark plugs (replace 6th year)
5) active charcoal filter and lamda sensors (replace 4th year) - not sure what this is??
6) OBD II system filter (replace every 4 years) - what is this??
7) gearbox and differential oil (replace every 2 years)
8) power steering oil, coolant, brake fluid, pollen filter (replace every 2 years)

It gives you a rough idea. I feel most of the stuff is really not difficult to perform but dealer has to mark-up 1000-2000%, which is normal...hence, $2000-3000 for most bi-annual service work.
Regarding the water pump v-belt. While Maserati says to replace it every 5th year, you have to remove it to gain access to the AC/Alternator belt, so it makes sense to replace both at the same time.

In my opinion, Maserati goes WAY overboard with regard to their service schedule.

·
Registered
961 Posts
While I agree the belt should last way longer than 2 years, doesn't it drive the alternator?

C
It does drive the alternator, but it's just a belt and it certainly should last longer than 2 years. It's the same kind of belt found on just about every car on the road, and most manufacturers don't have such ridiculously short service intervals. In my opinion, the same holds true for the transmission, rear end, and power steering fluids. It has a ZF transmission, just like many other cars do, and there really is no need to change the fluid every 2 years unless the car has seen a lot of track duty...same with the rear end and the power steering fluid. I'm a big proponent of changing brake fluid every 2 years so I have no issues with that.

And for the record...our opinions may differ!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts