Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea if the new 4.7L that is in the new granturismo s will first appear on the sport gt S or it will appear in the base qp?
I am just this close to buying a sport gt s but i will hate myself if thy announce that the 4.7L will appear in the sport gt s!

·
Registered
81 Posts
From what I've heard, if you want a QP GT S you better buy one now...once the 4.7L is announced you won't see it in a car like that for a while.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
From what I've heard, if you want a QP GT S you better buy one now...once the 4.7L is announced you won't see it in a car like that for a while.
can you elaborate on what you are trying to say?
i read this sentence 10 times and i still do not get what you mean:
"once the 4.7L is announced you won't see it in a car like that for a while."

·
Registered
81 Posts
can you elaborate on what you are trying to say?
i read this sentence 10 times and i still do not get what you mean:
"once the 4.7L is announced you won't see it in a car like that for a while."

:)...you're right, that didn't come out like I wanted it to. What I meant to say is that I have heard that when the 4.7L becomes available, the QP SP GT S won't be in production any longer. I hope I am wrong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what you mean it that the QP will go through the cycle of base car - executive - sport GT and then sport GT S as the last iteration before the next generation of QP comes out?
But the 4.7L would have a slightly better performance figure than the Sport GT S now. Does it make sense for them to put out a base car that is better than their sportiest version of QP?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The model nomenclature will mimic the Gran Turismo. The 4.2L will remain in the Quattroporte while the 4.7L will reside in the Quattroporte S.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if the nomenclature mimics the Gran Turismo S, does this mean that the new 4.7L QP S will get the Sport GT S suspension and set up plus the brakes and the transmission set up (DS)? Would this not make this model the "ultimate" QP model?

·
Registered
81 Posts
So if the nomenclature mimics the Gran Turismo S, does this mean that the new 4.7L QP S will get the Sport GT S suspension and set up plus the brakes and the transmission set up (DS)? Would this not make this model the "ultimate" QP model?
Honestly, I do not know although it would surprise me if the MC-Shift made it's way into a QP.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Confirmed with my friendly dealer that the 4.7l engine will make it into the QP this year (probably concurrently or thereabouts with the GranTurismo S).

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
He did not but I will ask (he even offered to let me test drive a QP GT-S so figured he'll talk ...). Will let you know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think the manufacturer's tactic is to launch new models or upgrades in according to their marketing schedules, so as to stimulate new buyers. I just placed my order for the GT-S last month and expecting it in May, and that will be the second/third shipment for the GT-S and the first one will be here within this month. Of course my dealer here said they never heard of the 4.7L but who knows. My philosophy is don't worry too much since we can never catch up with the latest development, GT-S is already new to replace the GT, just go and have fun now, sooner the better. ;)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I think the manufacturer's tactic is to launch new models or upgrades in according to their marketing schedules, so as to stimulate new buyers. I just placed my order for the GT-S last month and expecting it in May, and that will be the second/third shipment for the GT-S and the first one will be here within this month. Of course my dealer here said they never heard of the 4.7L but who knows. My philosophy is don't worry too much since we can never catch up with the latest development, GT-S is already new to replace the GT, just go and have fun now, sooner the better. :)
The QP GT-S is NOT new to *replace* the Sport GT. it is new, but not to replace the Sport GT.
they continue to produce and sell the Sport GT.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good, thank you for the clarification. I shall be happy to keep the GT-S even though 4.7L sounds so attractive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts