Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've learned that the granturismo will get the 4.7 engine. so what then would be the difference between that and the so-called "exclusive" S? the transmission. the granturismo will keep an automatic transmission. makes the S seem "less better".

·
Registered
349 Posts
I guess thats the main reason the S is a year only thing because they knew the 4.7 was coming across the board. I still personally think the S will remain unique based on its interior (assuming you go with alcantara thats not available in the regular version), its exhaust which is 3 times better than the regular, nicer looking rims and a true Ferrari class F1 tranny. I understand your point and its has some validity, this is just my opinion that the S is still unique.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Did you hear when this is supposed to take place? Clearly the 4.7l engine with the auto transmission is nothing new as it's the set up on the QP S, but the GT S is likely to have a better sorted/sportier set-up than a GT with just the bigger engine.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was thinking too that this could be another plus for us looking to get a deal on our S. If there are a few S cars still around come fall 2009, and assuming the 4.7 is a 2010 model, potentially at a price lower than the S, they'll want to get them off the lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.