Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
How much is it to get all the sticky parts refinished? Car looks to be in great condition other than that.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
It has a few interior issues. E-brake trim is broken, you can see the "hole" at the top of the plastic arch. Rear sunshade hooks appear to be missing/broken. But it does look nice all around. In California a dealer could ask well over $20,000 for such a car, and possibly get it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mosesbotbol asked about the costs of refinishing all of the "stickies" in the interior...from what I see it is in excess of $2,000 to do the work. Does anyone have any actual experience with this? There is also the risk of breaking all of the various interior trim pieces when trying to remove trim pieces, or scuffing / scraping leather surfaces, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Yeah I would just get some Blackfire All-purpose cleaner and go to work on it. That's what I did with mine for a very satisfactory outcome. Have you counted the number of little buttons and trim bits in a QP? There is really a lot.

·
Registered
429 Posts
SeanFulop...did you use Blackfire at full strength or did you dilute it? I've read through a lot of threads about the "stickies" but do not recall Blackfire cleaner being mentioned...

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
For that application I used it full-strength, it didn't cause any problems with surrounding parts, wood finish, Alcantara etc. I push the stuff every chance I get, I'm surprised you didn't read my testimonials about it by now! My original triangle clips for the side mirrors, in the corners of the A-pillars, were a sticky mess and I restored them to a very nice condition quite easily. I have been working my way around the car but it takes a while, and quite a bit of rubbing. The good thing about it is that, unlike alcohol, it removes only the sticky broken-down coating, not the black color or the stenciling.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Car just sold for $15,250, what a disappointment for a California dealer. This car is really pretty decent and the buyer lucked out big time on this auction with very low interest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts