Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to but 3200 Gt very soon, but confused over new advice. I have got the buyers guides and driven a nice manual car.
I love the car it is obviously gorgeous, powerful and sounds wonderful, It did challenge all of my sense to drive it. Pulling away was tricky, as the engine does rev so quickly. The steering did feel so sensitive, but direct and responsive. It was tricky to drive it smoothly.
Bear in mind that I stalled my 911 on the first drive ( 7 times ! :mad: )

Just read article in Uk magazine (Classic Cars) by Quentin wilson, the "model to by" is a post 2001 model with
"new steering rack, different dampers, re-mapped engine management unit and changes to the ABS and traction control software"

Does it make sense to buy the latest model possible?
Should I try to nail it down to a specific range of chassis numbers - this kind of think is commonplace and easy to do with a porsche.

Should I just choose one with a good history in a nice colour

Would value your feedback as I am desperate to buy this week. :D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - just reading the articles now.
Was re-assured by the (non-maserati) dealer that the car has all of the recall work completed. :)
Just need to try an auto car now - even though I always prefer manual change. Might be worth it in the long run for two reasons
1 . save money on clutch every 15k?? :confused: miles
2. maybe less "stress" (for my wife :D and the car) driving in traffic

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ive heard the auto is better for day to day use. The manual can be notchy when cold and the clutch issue as you’ve mentioned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts