Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I would also like to know, since I have thought about it too. Cool cars. Presumably anything more than 25 years old should be a gimme, and 3200 GTs are coming in that range.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The 3200GT was launched in 1998, but regular production started in earnest in 1999. So realistically, importing one to the USA should be feasible from 2024.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The 3200GT was launched in 1998, but regular production started in earnest in 1999. So realistically, importing one to the USA should be feasible from 2024.
I will probably start looking for one then next year.
Are there any important differences between the start and end of the production run? Any important improvements that are worth waiting for?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Are there any important differences between the start and end of the production run? Any important improvements that are worth waiting for?
There was an upgrade on the reading code interface in 2000/2001 (see e.g. Reading error codes on an early 3200GT). Otherwise, the model was largely unchanged over its production run. The key thing is - as always - to buy a car that has been properly taken care of. MY and mileage is less important, in terms of usability.

The car was offered in manual (6-speed Getrag box) and automatic versions, with roughly 50% made of each version.

A special, and upgraded version, Assetto Corsa, was launched towards the end of the production run, with slightly changed steering, suspension, tires, and wheels. As a limited run version, that version is likely to appreciate first and most in value.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
There was an upgrade on the reading code interface in 2000/2001 (see e.g. Reading error codes on an early 3200GT). Otherwise, the model was largely unchanged over its production run. The key thing is - as always - to buy a car that has been properly taken care of. MY and mileage is less important, in terms of usability.

The car was offered in manual (6-speed Getrag box) and automatic versions, with roughly 50% made of each version.

A special, and upgraded version, Assetto Corsa, was launched towards the end of the production run, with slightly changed steering, suspension, tires, and wheels. As a limited run version, that version is likely to appreciate first and most in value.
Thanks for the run down. Good to know what to look for.

·
Super Moderator
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Great info. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts