Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 3200 Coupe recently. It did not feel like it was a well sorted car. Steering feedback was minimal and the power was hard to manage. Is this a common perception or did I just run into a bad car ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
3200gt

the nature of the beast.. owned this car for 3 months now and initially have same impression. Mine is the 4 speed automatic which affected the power delivery somewhat especially during takeoff.
Long hesitation and when ref hits 2500rpm, turbo kicks in and the car just fly. steering is very light but feedback is there you just have to get used to it. taking corners however is an act of faith. Overall I still like this car. It has loads of character and takes about a while to learn how to drive it and you will enjoy.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
3200 vs 4200

the 4200's power delivery is much more linear than the 3200 - depends what you like. raw or refined. the 3200 looks much better n more special than the 4200.

thinking of buying the QP

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Preference is raw but predictable. I recently read a few reviews on the 4200 and they were a bit mixed. Seems that there are some concerns with the chassis not being well sorted. The Jagaur XKR actually received higher marks (as a former XKR owner, this was not a positive).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Boxer
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing