Maserati Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of a 2008 Granturismo which has a hard drive for storing music. I had previously burned a CD of tracks that I had purchased from i Tunes but when I tried to copy the CD onto the hard drive I received a message that said it could not copy the songs because of copywrite. How can that be? Does anyone know how to copy CD's to the hard drive?

Thanks!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just took delivery of a 2008 Granturismo which has a hard drive for storing music. I had previously burned a CD of tracks that I had purchased from i Tunes but when I tried to copy the CD onto the hard drive I received a message that said it could not copy the songs because of copywrite. How can that be? Does anyone know how to copy CD's to the hard drive?

Thanks!
Have you tried other cds that do not have itunes songs?
I understand that itunes files have extraordinary copywrite software attached to each music file.
If you really want to use these files, you might have to burn the cd (like you have already done), rip the songs to your hard drive and then burn another cd using windows media player (instead of itunes).
So, I would try an original type cd first to make sure it is not the car software that is a problem.
good luck

·
Registered
695 Posts
Michael,

iTunes puts copy protection - called DRM - on songs/videos purchased thru their store. Any songs that you import into iTunes from your CD collection remains free from DRM

To explore ways to remove DRM, google something like "DRM removal for iTunes".

·
Registered
402 Posts
and this is why itunes stinks! good suggestion to rerip the audio, hopefully this removes DRM. It then may even be possible to use a USB "thumb" drive, and use the USB port in the glove box to transfer the files, opposed to burning CDs just to transfer. I have not tried yet myself...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Adam,

The GT glove box has a USB port?? Is this standard or an option? I had never really examined my glove box in my GT...must do so tomorrow morning...

Also, is transferring files via the USB port much faster? I tried copying normal music CD as well as MP3 song CDs to my jukebox and found that the MP3 song CD copied so much faster...like 108 songs on 1 mp3 CD in under 5 minutes... So I think mp3 CD is the way to go to speed up the copying of songs to the jukebox and make it your 188 mph ipod!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Adam,

The GT glove box has a USB port?? Is this standard or an option? I had never really examined my glove box in my GT...must do so tomorrow morning...

Also, is transferring files via the USB port much faster? I tried copying normal music CD as well as MP3 song CDs to my jukebox and found that the MP3 song CD copied so much faster...like 108 songs on 1 mp3 CD in under 5 minutes... So I think mp3 CD is the way to go to speed up the copying of songs to the jukebox and make it your 188 mph ipod!!
My GT-S has one. Supposedly there are 2 versions, one to charge an iPod, and one for full integration. There is another thread on it, and a thread regarding the use of a USB drive. a USB drive transfer rate is much faster than CD, assuming USB 2.0. Your MP3s will copy much faster then a regular audio CD, because the file size, MP3s are much smaller, but you are giving up sound quality in trade. I personally do not do anything less then a 320k MP3, which is near original CD quality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
iTunes is now offering of its music as DRM-free with the latest negotiations with the record labels. Going into iTunes you should be able to upgrade any or all of your previously purchases music to DRM-free for a 0.30 cents per song charge.

·
Registered
402 Posts
iTunes is now offering of its music as DRM-free with the latest negotiations with the record labels. Going into iTunes you should be able to upgrade any or all of your previously purchases music to DRM-free for a 0.30 cents per song charge.
even more reason itunes stinks!! the DRM-free conversion should be free. when i buy a CD, im not limited to where, and on what i can play it on.

·
Registered
224 Posts
How sleazy of Apple - they just (finally) realized that they made a mistake with DRM (okay, they got forced to grow up by the record labels)... but now they want you to pay again for songs you already bought. "Upgrade" to something you should have had all along - and quite frankly paid for in the first place. That's why they are always my last choice if I'm going to buy a song online - sometimes they are the only choice, but I will always check if the same thing is available on rhapsody or another service first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In a related question...

... is it true that the hard drive is limited to only 4 Playlists? That seems to be a rather small (and arbitrary) number of Playlists.

Also, is there any way one could obtain the relevant pages of the owner's manual? I'd like to know exactly how the hard drive system works before purchasing the car, particularly given that the 2009 GT does not have iPod integration.

Thanks for any help and insights.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not sure what you mean by Playlists but I do know 30 gigs holds loads of music. I have at least 6 CD's in mine. Once you load a CD it compresses it to save space. It is very easy to use, just pop the CD in and the large screen asks you if you want to copy it to the hard drive and you select YES. Even if you switch off the car, the next time you start up it asks you if you wish to continue to copy the CD.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
48 Posts
It was my understanding that, just like an iPod, one can "attach" specific music tracks on the hard drive to a Playlist.

For example, with the iPod one can create a Playlist called "Classic Rock" that includes for example music by The Rolling Stones, Lynrd Skyrd, etc., another Playlist called "Motown" which would included music by The Temptations, Four Tops, and another Playlist called "Jazz" that would include Miles Davis, McCoy Tyner, etc.

Then one can simply select a particular Playlist, and it would automatically play only those artists/songs that are connected with that specific Playlist.

I was told that one can attach various tracks to a Playlist, but that one could only have 4 Playlists -- which is rather limiting (I have probably 15 Playlists on my iPod).

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was wondering if any other Granturismo owners with the Bose system have experienced frustration when flipping through mp3 tracks. There is always a 1 second delay when flipping through tracks. Also, for some tracks it chops around 10 to 20 seconds off the beginning of the tracks before it starts playing properly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.