1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Granturismo Sport MY 2014
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody,

cheers from Germany.
I’m finally getting my hands on a MY2014 GT (USA import with 18K Miles on) and already dealing with a couple of matters.

In particular, the car has just one Key and I would like to understand how and where I can get another one considering that here in Europe we use a different frequency (433MHZ instead of 315MHZ): should I buy a spare from
USA and get it programmed “locally”?
Anyone dealt with this already?

Moreover the car doesn’t seem to have any front plate holder.
Is there any product which will make
Me avoid to drill the front bumper?

I would try to skip this if possible.
Thanks a lot for your answers and merry Xmas!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello,
For the key issue I would start with your local maserati dealer in germany, even if you use a different frequency they may still have a more local shop recommendation for you that they have used in the past because on average a new key programmed in the usa is 300-1000$ depending on how nice the dealer wants to be. Usually you have to provide a bunch of paperwork and ownership proof to the dealership for them to code and create the key. I imagine it would be a huge hassle to have to redo/do it over again internationally if they get it wrong. If you get it done at a local approved place you will have a better time if there are any issues and they can test the key with your car of course.

For the front plate holder thats atleast easy , if you go to ebay theres a bunch of sellers that have a maserati specific aftermarket one that bolts on to the car undertray (no need to drill holes in the bumper) and its only 90$. Maserati Aftermarket license holder

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your advise!
I will test my luck and See what the Maserati Guys say…

·
Registered
23 Posts
depending on your location you can try Robert Fillibeck in Neustadt. You can also try to to order one from Scuderiacarparts or eurospares. They can order it according to your VIN. Get it programmed and cut in Neustadt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Baba,

very appreciated!
i will give him a call.

Now desperately looking for an insurance company which will cover this “exotic” beauty…it seems to be quite hard in Germany

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,887 Posts
Now desperately looking for an insurance company which will cover this “exotic” beauty…it seems to be quite hard in Germany
No luck with Allianz ? ( Global mega-insurance company, based in Germany and although I could be wrong , I think they offer personal lines insurance including exotic automobiles policies.. ). A number of years ago they were one of the companies offering “agreed value” insurance ( a set amount requested by the owner, provided it is acceptable to the company ) for the physical value of the car , not influenced by market value , depreciation, etc. Hagerty is the only other company I know which offers agreed value policies, but if you’re looking for just regular insurance that covers liability and physical damage at regular replacement value based on market index, there is a problem finding a reasonable insurance coverage, just because it’s a “ foreign “ / so-called exotic car ?!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No luck with Allianz ? ( Global mega-insurance company, based in Germany and although I could be wrong , I think they offer personal lines insurance including exotic automobiles policies.. ). A number of years ago they were one of the companies offering “agreed value” insurance ( a set amount requested by the owner, provided it is acceptable to the company ) for the physical value of the car , not influenced by market value , depreciation, etc. Hagerty is the only other company I know which offers agreed value policies, but if you’re looking for just regular insurance that covers liability and physical damage at regular replacement value based on market index, there is a problem finding a reasonable insurance coverage, just because it’s a “ foreign “ / so-called exotic car ?!
I started with them but no luck.

I have seen there are a couple of alternatives to the usual ones, although they are specialized in young/old time.
And yes, they are expensive, very expensive!

Maserati Germany suggest Helvetia (2400€/ year regardless of your ”insurance class”).

I don’t want to start calculate the TCO of the car 😅…

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can send an inquiry to [email protected] he is broker for the Maserati Helvetia insurance. Rate depends on the price you paid for the car.
An alternative is OCC Oldie Car Cover. Either directly or send an inquiry trough Über uns they are broker as well.

Allianz once quoted approx. 5k a year for my Quattroporte 🤭

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everybody,

cheers from Germany.
I’m finally getting my hands on a MY2014 GT (USA import with 18K Miles on) and already dealing with a couple of matters.

In particular, the car has just one Key and I would like to understand how and where I can get another one considering that here in Europe we use a different frequency (433MHZ instead of 315MHZ): should I buy a spare from
USA and get it programmed “locally”?
Anyone dealt with this already?

Moreover the car doesn’t seem to have any front plate holder.
Is there any product which will make
Me avoid to drill the front bumper?

I would try to skip this if possible.
Thanks a lot for your answers and merry Xmas!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Amazon sells a plate holder that requires no drilling. It attaches under the front bumper by way of 2 screws that are already in place. Simply remove them and reattach the new license plate holder. The really nice thing is you can easily flip the exposed plate down and slide it out of sight under the bumper. It’s not expensive and works well. Installation is easy. Good luck with the new wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everybody: following Baba’s advice I managed to find at least two significantly lower quotes for my insurance, and I have now an idea how to deal with front plate.

unfortunately, the Indy running the PPI on the car was reporting today a strange behavior while braking (strange vibrations…general tendency not to stay 100% straight on the road while driving above 100KM/H).

He checked the rear axle and it seems
To be straight, though the two wheels have a different “distance” from the wheelhouses (see pics).

just a wrong setting / fixable one or something “dodgy”?
Hand Leg Black Gesture Barefoot

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Tread

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
303 Posts
That's a problem...easiest thing to do would be to jack it up (one side at a time) and grab the tire from top to bottom, then side to side and see if you can move it.
If not, get it on a lift and look for bent parts and/or start measuring and compare the side that looks more correct to the other side unless it's obvious, like worn bushings or bent parts...guessing that hasn't been done yet, or your PPI guy should see/know what's wrong. Good luck to you, hope it's something minor...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your reply. The funny thing is that the Indy put the car on the lift as first thing and said “everything is like out of the factory”, clearly is not!

Next week he will run a measurement on the entire rear axle / suspension and report…

How does the worst case look like?

BTW as a previous owner of a MB R230 with ABC suspension I’m scared every time it goes on repair to that part of the car!!!o_O

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
You're most welcome.
Could be anything really, from a bent subframe, to just a simple miss adjusted tie rod or caster setting. btw- sounds dumb, but are the tires the same size?
I too have horror stories with R230 ABC...$$$.
Let us know what you find out next week!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Short update on this: after almost 2 weeks, they finally reset / re-run measurement on both axles.

it seems like now everything is “green”. Still they didn’t test drive car on the road but it seems like the odd gap between wheels and wheel arc has gone…

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Further to this, I just got told that the GT has barely moved in the last 18 months!

in your option, beside the usual oils and fluids levels, what has to be checked / done to avoid any major issue?

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Short update on this: after almost 2 weeks, they finally reset / re-run measurement on both axles.

it seems like now everything is “green”. Still they didn’t test drive car on the road but it seems like the odd gap between wheels and wheel arc has gone…
So did they tell you what was causing the "misalignment"?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, the official theory is damages while moving the car oversees via container. It s an US
Import, now sold in EU (Germany)…

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Um, okay...if your ok with that, I'm okay with that 🤷‍♀️ enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ahahahha
🤣

jokes apart, the Indy can’t assess the reason, just he s now convinced everything is fine.

let s see…
I must say I m concerned over the fact that the car “stayed” almost 18 months without being moved…

1 - 20 of 23 Posts