Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time, w/ wife and kids. They need to see (and hear) what I'm up to. Things are getting serious. :)

I know the salesman will try to close me today, but time is on my side. ;)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
....he's making his list, he's checking it twice....

Let us know if Santa makes a visit this year. :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Oh oh, the plan back-fired... you're gonna end up with the van/suv.:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh oh, the plan back-fired... you're gonna end up with the van/suv.:D
Can't say I didn't see it coming. Judging by my own, I knew the experience would set her atwitter. She's as calm, balanced and unselfish as they come, but she was agog after the drive. Made her forget the Porsches she used to have.

Already have the SUV. Van, just can't do that.....unless I can get The Mystery Machine. :)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Don't want to upset the little woman. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Chose the 911 Turbo

I had been researching for the "right car" for 4 years - before the current 911T and the GTS were even on the market. I was looking for sport vs. luxury, so - Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini. Of those 3, reluctantly, the Porsche got the nod because, w/ the extra seating capacity, the kids would be able to enjoy the car, too. No kids and it woulda been the F430. Then, I started seeing GT's around here, which caught my eye (and ear). Then, I read about the GTS on the Maserati site and got very close with the car at the local dealership. I didn't want to regret not having considered it, especially as it was a 2+2 (kids). But, ultimately, the GTS is a sporty luxury GT, and not a pure sports car, which was criterion # 1. Moreover, Maseratis are known for their "quirks" - and a "reasonable" expectation of reliability was criterion # 2. Hence, my choosing the 911T.

Now that I filled the sports car slot, the GTS would be a more reasonable choice for, well.....the luxury sports car slot. I think the two can peacefully co-exist in my garage. :D

Guess I'm PSN around here now. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts