Maserati Forum banner

801 - 820 of 827 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a shop install it for me, so not sure what the connections look like, I do know there was an additional module they had to connect. My guess is the module connects to the cameras and the module feeds to the deck.

Bummer about XM! There's an additional monthly charge for the app based subscription.
Did you just go to a car/audio install shop or is there someone special you had install it? Im looking but Im in Florida.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Front camera issues:

So I installed the rear camera on the GT, but had another camera laying around so I used that for the rear and was saving the one that came with the unit for the front. When I plugged the connection for the front camera using the CVBS?1 and the blue wire for power, when I chose the AUX, all I got was grey static and no video connection in the middle of the screen. I selected the COG wheel on the bottom right but it only does the contrast/balance, and no option to choose different type of resolution.

Is there something I need to do?

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #805
Front camera issues:

So I installed the rear camera on the GT, but had another camera laying around so I used that for the rear and was saving the one that came with the unit for the front. When I plugged the connection for the front camera using the CVBS?1 and the blue wire for power, when I chose the AUX, all I got was grey static and no video connection in the middle of the screen. I selected the COG wheel on the bottom right but it only does the contrast/balance, and no option to choose different type of resolution.

Not sure if you bought it through me, but have you confirmed you have power coming from the blue ANT wire?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll check voltage and make sure they're power on there. The power will be on once the unit is up correct? I purchased through Urutu (ebay).

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Front camera issues:

Check your settings to see if the correct camera type is configured. When I first installed my camera, I got the grey screen too. In Settings, I selected 720p (I think) and it then worked.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check your settings to see if the correct camera type is configured. When I first installed my camera, I got the grey screen too. In Settings, I selected 720p (I think) and it then worked.
You talking about “setting” within the AUX app?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes front camera issues, we also tried to install a front camera on my brothers GT with Aucar gen 2 and it’s doing the same, works fine when plugged into the rear camera input.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #816
Yes front camera issues, we also tried to install a front camera on my brothers GT with Aucar gen 2 and it’s doing the same, works fine when plugged into the rear camera input.
Can I see the camera you are trying to install, did you purchase through me?

·
Registered
511 Posts
what are you using to power the camera? If its the blue ANT wire, it might not be powered unless the source is set to radio. So set the head unit to radio and see if the camera works. If it does, then you need to run a switched 12v acc wire to the camera off the fuse box, or use a wire tester and pull it off the AUCar harness. It's a weird setup though, Maserati uses CANBUS for on/off signal, so there might not be a ACC lead in the harness. It might be the red wire on the harness of the AUCar, or you can pull it off the ACC fuse on drivers side fuse box under your knee area.

801 - 820 of 827 Posts