Maserati Forum banner

701 - 720 of 761 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #701
So today I had the bright idea to get rid of that AWFUL AWFUL grainy noise - it sounds like an "encrypted imperial transmission" from that probe droid on hoth at the beginning of Empire Strikes back.

I went into install set and lowered ALL gains to "0". I was excited to have NO volume on anything...right?? WRONG.

I reset and the sound was still there - AS WAS THE SOUND FROM MUSIC PLAYER!

I need to go back and test - but I'm wondering if those sliders only affect the DFAULT music player?

Another wierd thing of course - the "fader enable" when OFF - the sound is super loud. When on and the gains at "0" it was normal sound.

Almost like the gain makes no difference.

Anybody experience any of this?

Seriously though - @Robin Elliott you mentioned Eric knows whats causing the sound. Did you share it anywhere yet? Is there a FIX?
I have been in constant contact with Emma and the engineers. I do not know the cause but they have a solution, I have received a new test radio to test for them, I will do that in the coming week, Only takes me about an hour to remove the dash now but will let everybody know the results.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
Robin, do you have The same noise or is it only 2nd groupe buy that received units with this issue?
Mine is very minor and bought mine back in October of 2019, some guys do not have the noise or cannot hear it. Mine is so minor I am not bothered with it. I assume if the testing is successful you can exchange for the new unit since they have a 1 year warranty.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #705
If this works, do you know if it be a software download or will I have to pay for another radio install?
It will be an exchange, it is a new chip set in it. From what I see so far it is completly different design, different wiring.

·
Registered
140 Posts
ugh I paid $250 to install mine. I am not good at removing things. I question why some of us have it and some don’t that leads me to believe it is a quality issue. so swapping it out is not guaranteed to fix it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
ugh I paid $250 to install mine. I am not good at removing things. I question why some of us have it and some don’t that leads me to believe it is a quality issue. so swapping it out is not guaranteed to fix it.
That's why I am testing the new one!!!! The new one is not the same. Kinda like the guys that bought the GT with the 4.2l engine with the variator issue... They made a change to the 4.7l and fixed it.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
OK, so here's my next dumb question. I've installed the new Android home screen that changes the look of the original home screen on the head unit. How do I get back to the settings that control the trunk button, electric door buttons, etc.? I had to disconnect the battery for about an hour and now the trunk lid button isn't working.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #709
OK, so here's my next dumb question. I've installed the new Android home screen that changes the look of the original home screen on the head unit. How do I get back to the settings that control the trunk button, electric door buttons, etc.? I had to disconnect the battery for about an hour and now the trunk lid button isn't working.
Just go to the app list and it's all in there.. On my theme it is right corner or go through the radio app

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Just go to the app list and it's all in there.. On my theme it is right corner or go through the radio app
There are two "Settings" apps in the app list and neither one takes me to the original settings. If I tap in the right corner, the Sirius app opens. I know I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #712
There are two "Settings" apps in the app list and neither one takes me to the original settings. If I tap in the right corner, the Sirius app opens. I know I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestions?
You can alway access through the radio, lower right, takes you to all the settings. several ways to get there.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Mine is very minor and bought mine back in October of 2019, some guys do not have the noise or cannot hear it. Mine is so minor I am not bothered with it. I assume if the testing is successful you can exchange for the new unit since they have a 1 year warranty.
I’m guessing it’s individual perception. Many say they never use AM/FM so it’s no big deal. I think having a functioning AM radio is important. I can hardly notice the background noise but AM reception is practically nonexistent, I travel out west and sometimes AM is all you get.

So I’m hoping the AM issue is fixed. A good test is to compare the new unit next to another car parked nearby. My Audi gets dozens of AM stations the Mas barely one.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #714
Unfortunately there is no fix, The AM radio is for Europe and Asia and not US and no way to change the region. I do know in my area most of AM stations have gone to FM now. A good friend of mine is the GM for a company that own several stations and he said AM is going away in the near future. Not sure if true or not but only 17% of adults listen to AM in the US. I use Tunein radio which you can listen to any station you want, AM or FM.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Unfortunately there is no fix, The AM radio is for Europe and Asia and not US and no way to change the region. I do know in my area most of AM stations have gone to FM now. A good friend of mine is the GM for a company that own several stations and he said AM is going away in the near future. Not sure if true or not but only 17% of adults listen to AM in the US. I use Tunein radio which you can listen to any station you want, AM or FM.
The good news is I won’t be swapping out units! Its been been a while since I drove southern NM but I’ll be doing that in May. It will be interesting to see if FM has replaced AM in that region as it has here in SW Texas.

Thanks for all you’ve done, I’m very happy with this unit overall, especially after getting $1,300 on eBay for the old one.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
@jw38 in the app list, open Launcher, then the Car Info app, then Car settings

the trunk setting should be in there
That worked...thanks!

Now, my wife touched the Maserati logo in the round circle and it changed to a clock. She touched it again it is showed local weather. How the heck do I get it back to the Maserati logo?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #717
That worked...thanks!

Now, my wife touched the Maserati logo in the round circle and it changed to a clock. She touched it again it is showed local weather. How the heck do I get it back to the Maserati logo?
Keep touching... Mine goes from logo.. Clock.. Speedo.. Logo.. . Keeps rotating

·
Registered
349 Posts
So when will Eric/Emma let us know about the fix to the Radio? Are they going to add mobile SIM card to the new one?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #719
So when will Eric/Emma let us know about the fix to the Radio? Are they going to add mobile SIM card to the new one?
IF this is gonna be a fix I will post it on here since I am the tester. I will be testing this week. I assume you can exchange your unit by a case by case situation with in the 1 year warranty time frame. They are not going to reach out to everyone because not everyone has the background noise. There is no SIM card on the test unit so I have no idea and assume not, this is just prototype with new chip sets more or less. I want people to know the is a different design, looks the same but all the wiring is different. Basically the 2nd generation of head units. Just like any model, improvemnets are always made as time goes on.

701 - 720 of 761 Posts