Maserati Forum banner

641 - 650 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
Our settings screen is not the same, “car settings” is not found.
Eric is working on it. Sent him the same video and a video of what our radio is doing. Since we have a newer operating system it is in a different place.. Hidden somewhere.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I’m sure you’re on the right track, it’s got to be a setup issue. I’m going to button up the dash tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
The coil transmits the chip signal to the key cylinder to pass the immobilizer but what about the steering lock? One of the functions of the key blade is to unlock the steering wheel itself as well.

Did you have to keep a key in the ignition? If I remember correctly, that was their proposed method with the other one being to remove the steering lock all together.
You can remove the steering lock or when you take one of the remotes apart to use then the lock blade is left and can be used on its own. Also since it is so deep in the steering column a cover can be placed over the old cylinder so it cannot be seen. The neat part is that if there is ever a malfunction then you can revert to the old system in about 5 minutes once you understand how all the parts come together.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can remove the steering lock or when you take one of the remotes apart to use then the lock blade is left and can be used on its own. Also since it is so deep in the steering column a cover can be placed over the old cylinder so it cannot be seen. The neat part is that if there is ever a malfunction then you can revert to the old system in about 5 minutes once you understand how all the parts come together.
Interesting...I'm still a bit weary about nullifying the steering lock to be honest. I had asked Eric if there was a way to upgrade to a better switchblade to replace the outdated OEM keyfob but didn't get much feedback.

Would you mind making a video going over the basic steps of the install and demo of how it works?

I know there were a few of us interested but had decided to hold out since it seemed to involve hacking up things. If you're saying the install is reversible in case of any issues, it may sway some of us.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Interesting...I'm still a bit weary about nullifying the steering lock to be honest. I had asked Eric if there was a way to upgrade to a better switchblade to replace the outdated OEM keyfob but didn't get much feedback.

Would you mind making a video going over the basic steps of the install and demo of how it works?

I know there were a few of us interested but had decided to hold out since it seemed to involve hacking up things. If you're saying the install is reversible in case of any issues, it may sway some of us.
It is definitely reversible. One key fob is disassembled into three pieces. One piece is the blade, second the housing for the chip, third is the circuit board which you solder 8 wire to but do not damage it. I am attaching the install pdf.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
You guy's have antenna's? I have a convertible. I have no idea where the antenna is but I get decent FM reception but rarely ever listen to Radio!

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
You guy's have antenna's? I have a convertible. I have no idea where the antenna is but I get decent FM reception but rarely ever listen to Radio!
There is an extensive antenna array under the trunk lid.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Refernce the region settings for the AM radio I have talked to the however they do not know of such a setting so the radio is set to China. They are sending me a DAB antenna to see if the digital AM stations can be picked up. I do have a few around me.
andriod does have an ability to change region but it is not turned on on this unit
When you get the DAB ant please let us know if it works.

641 - 650 of 650 Posts