Maserati Forum banner

581 - 600 of 601 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #581
FRONT CAMERA WARNING SCREEN FIX! Under Settings, bring up “User settings”, scroll down to “Brake detect” and set to OFF. That’s it, the front camera will work all the time regardless of parking brake or shifter position.
View attachment 129688 View attachment 129689 View attachment 129690
Awesome!!!!! I knew you would figure it out!!! My settings must have been already set. Could you please post this in the Tips and Tricks also please.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm on my way to the Verizon store to swap my iPhone Xs for a Samsung Galaxy phone (not sure which model yet) so I'll no longer have to deal with Apple CarPlay! I retired on Monday and as the company I worked for was an "Apple shop", I was stuck with an iPhone. I've always disliked them. FREEDOM!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
I'm on my way to the Verizon store to swap my iPhone Xs for a Samsung Galaxy phone (not sure which model yet) so I'll no longer have to deal with Apple CarPlay! I retired on Monday and as the company I worked for was an "Apple shop", I was stuck with an iPhone. I've always disliked them. FREEDOM!!!
I have the Note 10+ 5G and love it. Crazy long battery life.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi guys, going back a few posts now, did everyone receive their free maserati emblems? I never received one.
I'm just thinking ahead on getting tools ready for the install. I think Robin had said the radio removal tool was from a ford that worked. What is everyone using? i just want to get the correct or best one. and where did you buy the tool from?

Thanks
I just used 4 small drill bits and it popped right out without and trouble

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
Hi guys, going back a few posts now, did everyone receive their free maserati emblems? I never received one.

I just used 4 small drill bits and it popped right out without and trouble
If you didn't get one just reach out to Eric. Due to the coronavirus they are quarantined to there home and have not been at work for over a month. They thought they may be back on the 17th but I highly doubt it with over 100 dying per day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Installed a USB lighter today
Pretty easy to do.
The front USB is my carplay
The back just charges

·
Registered
82 Posts
On another note - when doing the install, I found the following items under my seat.
Any idea?

View attachment 129715
The item in last two pics is a multi-tool for valve stem core removal, re-tapping inside/outside of a valve stem, etc.....just used one today on the front driver side. The tire kept losing air so figured I replace the core to see if it fixes the issue. If not, I'll wait till it warms up a bit here in Michigan to drive it out to a tire center for a closer look.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cool. That may come in handy.
The other item Robin says is a clip for the panels and they fall off. I don't see where it goes, so just hang onto it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
So I also hooked up by OBD2 reader today and downloaded torque pro.
When I put OBD2 in I get a red light on it and the dash starts giving warnings.
I pulled it out and the CEL stayed on and wouldn't go off.
Went for a ride, stayed on, car ran fine.
Came home, shut it down, started it up and it went off.
So I think I am back to normal but I am done with this China crap.
Not sure if there is something wrong with the OBD2 reader but I am not going to try to figure it out.
I think it is hit or miss with some of this stuff and we are dealing with the input to the brain on the car
I think it is best to leave it alone.
I also have a OBDstar X200 but thought this would be cool to see when cruising. At this point, I am either throwing in garbage or if someone wants it, let me know.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Not sure if there is something wrong with the OBD2 reader but I am not going to try to figure it out.
I think it is hit or miss with some of this stuff and we are dealing with the input to the brain on the car
I also have a OBDstar X200 but thought this would be cool to see when cruising. At this point, I am either throwing in garbage or if someone wants it, let me know.
I bought one too but found out it was either/or with the WiFi. The dials are fun but get old and they’re hard to read. BUT, if you’re on a road trip and not carrying your X200 it might come in handy to read and clear codes. I keep mine in the glove box...Just in case.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #594
If you pull the OBD2 reader out while it's running or on you will get errors.. Install and remove when ignition is off...It's normal... Mine works perfect. You have to set it up in torque pro settings as the instructions show on the website on aliexpress. I followed them and mine worked.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
So when are you gonna ditch the iPhone? IPhone's are 100% made in Shenzen, China, the exact same place our head units are made......food for thought.. Lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
I put in with ignition off and pulled with it off. The red light must mean something. I read somewhere someone else got a bad one.

581 - 600 of 601 Posts