Maserati Forum banner

561 - 580 of 794 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Any install video for front cam coming up?
Not sure what you mean, I get the same screen with the TV app but with the words “VIDEO DISABLED FOR YOUR SAFETY”

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
Front Camera Warning. The front camera works great except when the engine is running! I get this screen caution when I try open the auxiliary app. The app boots up with the connector logo but just when screen normally changes to video, I get this caution screen.
It occasionally switches to video but I can’t figure what I did to make it happen. I’m thinking it’s a safety warning that needs to be acknowledged but how?
View attachment 129673
I wired mine but have not run it to the front yet, but my friend Johnny has his connected the same as you and I, He said "It only works while driving if placed in gear without pulling the parking brake switch. Not always though" Not sure how it works like that but I am guessing there is a protocall you can change, we will work on this.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #564
Any install video for front cam coming up?
I will be doing an install video in a week or 2, -1 degrees out this morning with a high of 20..lol. I am going to be working on my major service and will install it at that time. I did wire mine to the head unit and have it tucked under the steering column now. I plugged the video in the yellow AUX and got the power from the wire marked power antenna, worked well.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
Not sure what you mean, I get the same screen with the TV app but with the words “VIDEO DISABLED FOR YOUR SAFETY”
Ok, try this....while in park and the parking brake ENGAGED, press the AUX and turn on the front camera. Shift into reverse and let the parking brake automatically disengage. Then shift into drive and you should have the cam on. You can try shifting straight into drive but you can only activate the front cam while in park and the parking brake engaged then it will stay on...I think... This is what I am gathering from what Johnny explained. GIve it a try and let me know

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Ok, try this....while in park and the parking brake ENGAGED, press the AUX and turn on the front camera. Shift into reverse and let the parking brake automatically disengage. Then shift into drive and you should have the cam on. You can try shifting straight into drive but you can only activate the front cam while in park and the parking brake engaged then it will stay on...I think... This is what I am gathering from what Johnny explained. GIve it a try and let me know
Well that seams to be the problem. With the parking break engaged the warning goes away and the camera comes on. Release the parking brake to inch forward and the warning comes back Since the whole point in having a front camera is to see how much room you have while parking we’ll need to find a better work around. I’ve messed with every protocol I could find but no luck.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #567 (Edited)
Well that seams to be the problem. With the parking break engaged the warning goes away and the camera comes on. Release the parking brake to inch forward and the warning comes back Since the whole point in having a front camera is to see how much room you have while parking we’ll need to find a better work around. I’ve messed with every protocol I could find but no luck.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My front cam is installed and comes on anytime I touch the AUX button. It is not dependent on the parking brake or whether the car is in drive or park. I connected the power to the Blue wire that Robin mentioned in one of his posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
My front cam is installed and comes on anytime I touch the AUX button. It is not dependent on the parking brake or whether the car is in drive or park. I connected the power to the Blue wire that Robin mentioned in one of his posts.

SweetI am going to plug mine in tomorrow and to test, I hope thats the key!!!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
Couldn't wait until tomorrow, Tested and mine also comes on anytime, from park, cam turns on while driving, comes on immediatly even after completly closing the app and still in drive. I used the power antenna wire for power. Not sure if it is how you have it wired?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've slowly been working on mine, but like Robin I ran into some chilly weather. I got some cables and other goodies in and took them out to the shop, then got to looking at the rear camera install. With the trunk button dead center and the two tag lights there, there's not a lot of room... or is there?

So I took the two lights out and got looking at how I needed to run the wiring. I didn't want to drill the trunk deck, so how else can I do this? That's when it hit me... why not build a small baffle and space the light down a little bit? While I'm at it, why not integrate the camera mount, too?

So I jumped on the computer and started designing it. The first prototype was close, but needed adjustments. The second one is a lot better, but could use some refinements.

Hot off of the 3D printer:

Light and camera installed:

Gap for the camera wiring:

Test fit to the trunk:

Mounted:

I'll have to tweak it a bit, but it should turn out pretty decent. Let me know what you think.

Mark

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
I've slowly been working on mine, but like Robin I ran into some chilly weather. I got some cables and other goodies in and took them out to the shop, then got to looking at the rear camera install. With the trunk button dead center and the two tag lights there, there's not a lot of room... or is there?

So I took the two lights out and got looking at how I needed to run the wiring. I didn't want to drill the trunk deck, so how else can I do this? That's when it hit me... why not build a small baffle and space the light down a little bit? While I'm at it, why not integrate the camera mount, too?

So I jumped on the computer and started designing it. The first prototype was close, but needed adjustments. The second one is a lot better, but could use some refinements.

View attachment 129676

View attachment 129677

View attachment 129678

View attachment 129683

Test fit to the trunk:

View attachment 129679

Mounted:

View attachment 129680

View attachment 129681

View attachment 129682

I'll have to tweak it a bit, but it should turn out pretty decent. Let me know what you think.

Mark
Wow very nice!!! That is really awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts

Is this with the engine running? Whether the hot lead is connected to the blue wire or the hot side of the battery what difference dose it make?

There has to be a different reason why it works with your installation and not others.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
Is this with the engine running? Whether the hot lead is connected to the blue wire or the hot side of the battery what difference dose it make?

There has to be a different reason why it works with your installation and not others.
Yes with the engine running. I would contact Eric. Gotta be something we are missing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wired mine but have not run it to the front yet, but my friend Johnny has his connected the same as you and I, He said "It only works while driving if placed in gear without pulling the parking brake switch. Not always though" Not sure how it works like that but I am guessing there is a protocol you can change, we will work on this.
Robin and Maserati aficionados, the forward bumper camera works well when the gear selector is just pulled back without manually disengaging the parking brake. See the video at this link, Maserati Granturismo Forward Parking Assist Camera. Any better ideas, to actually fully disable the parking brake warning is appreciated.
IMG_20200201_131228_04_01.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm just thinking ahead on getting tools ready for the install. I think Robin had said the radio removal tool was from a ford that worked. What is everyone using? i just want to get the correct or best one. and where did you buy the tool from?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
722 Posts

View attachment 129676

View attachment 129677

View attachment 129678

View attachment 129683

Test fit to the trunk:

View attachment 129679

Mounted:

View attachment 129680

View attachment 129681

View attachment 129682

Mark
OK...now THAT is impressive! My rear camera has been mounted with the wires though a small hole in the deck lid, but I think this is genius! You should offer them for sale.
I'm just thinking ahead on getting tools ready for the install. I think Robin had said the radio removal tool was from a ford that worked. What is everyone using? i just want to get the correct or best one. and where did you buy the tool from?

Thanks
I bouth the Ford radio removal tool from AutoZone. If my memory serves me correctly, I think it was about $10. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
265 Posts

View attachment 129676

View attachment 129677

View attachment 129678

View attachment 129683

Test fit to the trunk:

View attachment 129679

Mounted:

View attachment 129680

View attachment 129681

View attachment 129682

Mark
Dude this is awesome
Willing to post your file to thingsverse?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Front Camera Warning. The front camera works great except when the engine is running! I get this screen caution when I try open the auxiliary app. The app boots up with the connector logo but just when screen normally changes to video, I get this caution screen.
It occasionally switches to video but I can’t figure what I did to make it happen. I’m thinking it’s a safety warning that needs to be acknowledged but how?
View attachment 129673
FRONT CAMERA WARNING SCREEN FIX! Under Settings, bring up “User settings”, scroll down to “Brake detect” and set to OFF. That’s it, the front camera will work all the time regardless of parking brake or shifter position.
30B1E7FF-92C5-47CE-A4D6-CF4A363EEA95.jpeg 53A4F8A7-02AF-407F-9445-28EDECA519FB.jpeg 339AB7C0-490A-4FCC-81FD-2EC05A8DD8C6.jpeg

561 - 580 of 794 Posts