Maserati Forum banner

541 - 560 of 601 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Getting things prepped for the install next weekend and just noticed a weird hole in the back of the radio (under the green "GPS" sticker)...I can see through to the internal components.

I assume this ain't normal lol?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Getting things prepped for the install next weekend and just noticed a weird hole in the back of the radio (under the green "GPS" sticker)...I can see through to the internal components.

I assume this ain't normal lol?
It's normal. It's for the radio antenna.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's normal. It's for the radio antenna.
Nah, the one to the left of the antenna port.

Looks like I'm not the only one that has received a unit with that hole so I guess it's somewhat normal.

Shouldn't be a big deal, but still curious as to why it's there.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Has anyone been able to have the their unit identify or connect to a Bluetooth device?

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Yes mine connected with no problem.
The Bluetooth App recognizes my iPhone and the OBDll (I have the WiFi version, bought the Bluetooth to see if would work while at the same time using the hotspot) but the settings page doesn’t show a single BT devise. Here’s some pics:
4948AB80-0DAA-4748-B032-B877B0223037.jpeg 76893BAF-B095-4D7A-B623-C24B190807A5.jpeg 0F431161-9CB4-4B46-ABFE-1A49CFC357CD.jpeg 8BD27676-BFCF-4B61-97FA-12A1785F47EF.jpeg

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Bluetooth App recognizes my iPhone and the OBDll (I have the WiFi version, bought the Bluetooth to see if would work while at the same time using the hotspot) but the settings page doesn’t show a single BT devise. Here’s some pics:
View attachment 129646 View attachment 129647 View attachment 129648 View attachment 129649
I dont think the Android settings shows the Bluetooth connection. But I could be mistaken.

Yes they work the same time for me. BT on my iphone and Hotspot on iphone.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I think it would be neat if we could use our phones as a WiFi hotspot for Gmaps, Pandora etc. and at the same time run the Torque app (via Bluetooth?). I’m hopeful one of our tech savvy members will let us know if its possible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It warmed up in SoCal today so I thought to give the cooling a try. I get cool air out of the left two vents, and heat only out of the right two. Doesn't matter what I use for the temperature setting, compressor, etc. The right two vents blow really hot air too. I have to close them off entirely.

I don't know if something has suddenly gone from with my cooling system, or if I missed some connection with the head unit. I remember a big black plug that didn't have a home when reinstalling. Anybody experience any A/C issues after installation?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds like you might not have gotten the 2 cables hooked back up securely to the climate controller when you reinstalled everything.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Robin,
Well done!
I cant wait to install and figure mine out and install it in a few months when its warm and by then you all have figured out how to work these units and all the bugs.
Thanks for everyone for all this info. Just a fantastic thread full of the necessary info to make it easy and help the rest of us!
Cheers

·
Registered
538 Posts
Another great video Robin! Regarding the Car Launcher Pro app, how did you get the Maserati trident to appear on the screen?

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Front Camera Warning. The front camera works great except when the engine is running! I get this screen caution when I try open the auxiliary app. The app boots up with the connector logo but just when screen normally changes to video, I get this caution screen.
It occasionally switches to video but I can’t figure what I did to make it happen. I’m thinking it’s a safety warning that needs to be acknowledged but how?
66DB52F5-F80B-4786-BC07-3DD442E1EF45.jpeg

541 - 560 of 601 Posts