Maserati Forum banner

221 - 240 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Where you get the maserati logo? I want one!
Ebay from a seller in GBR. I think it cost $55, I think it finishes off the system.
Has anyone had any luck finding the source for the emblem? It’s a must have to finish off the Install.
Guys, a little sleuthing reveals that this logo is part number 67726300, which can be had for $16 plus shipping from for example Scuderia Car Parts, until that is, this group causes a run on the part number! So, you can pay the $55 plus the $13 for shipping that the ebay seller wants, or you can buy it from a different source and save a few dollars.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just purchased the emblem from Scuderia. The part was $15.95 and shiiping was $19.95!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had an issue with the touchscreen not working. I contacted support via WhatsApp and they replied to me very quickly. You can try to calibrate the screen by placing and holding all fingers of one hand on the screen for approximately 15 seconds. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me, but it might work for you. In my case they sent a replacement to me within a few days, and it works perfectly.
Did you have to pay return shipping?

It looks like mine will be getting a replacement.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Hey guys, I just talked to Eric Zeng asking for the part number of the Maserati script he sent me and he said he would send one free to those who want one, Its a little smaller than what you found but will take a picture of it tomorrow, I have not put it on but will hold it up to show you guys, it is chrome , metal and thin. Just sticks on, Very nice!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, I just talked to Eric Zeng asking for the part number of the Maserati script he sent me and he said he would send one free to those who want one, Its a little smaller than what you found but will take a picture of it tomorrow, I have not put it on but will hold it up to show you guys, it is chrome , metal and thin. Just sticks on, Very nice!

Hi Robin,

Put me down for one, please. My order just shipped. Do I need to cover any shipping costs? Should I contact Eric directly?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just received an email from Emma Pang at AuCar saying that they will send an emblem to all the group buyers. She mentioned that “the emblem is a bit sensitive (involving maserati trademark) so we will send seperately rather than include it in the package”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's above and beyond! Very cool! It's awesome to have found a company that's doing niche projects and has great customer service. I love supporting companies like this! @Robin Elliott, I sure hope you're getting a referral fee or something for all you've done to support their product! Without your videos, I don't think I'd even consider tackling this project.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Did you have to pay return shipping?

It looks like mine will be getting a replacement.
I did have to pay return shipping and the vendor did offer to reimburse me. Shipping from San Antonio was about $45 but I didn't ask for reimbursement.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do we need to do anything to get the emblem? I see there are 2 different contacts now.

Also for the OBD2 scanner, it seems ELM327 has a bluetooth and a wifi one?
Which is better for the AUCAR?
Are they all the same? I see the one from AUCAR is $22 and I see the same one for $11 on Ebay?
Thanks!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Do we need to do anything to get the emblem? I see there are 2 different contacts now.
Her email said that they will arrange to send the emblem to all the group buyers in a separate shipment, so I don't think you need to do anything but wait.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did have to pay return shipping and the vendor did offer to reimburse me. Shipping from San Antonio was about $45 but I didn't ask for reimbursement.
cool. thanks for the insight. I'm going to be returning mine wednesday, hopefully i get the replacement shipped before the new year holiday.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just received an email from Emma Pang at AuCar saying that they will send an emblem to all the group buyers. She mentioned that “the emblem is a bit sensitive (involving maserati trademark) so we will send seperately rather than include it in the package”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sent a message and received a reply telling me to contact them once I've received my unit and they will send one out. Nice one guys, thanks for the heads up. (y)

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I’m curious that at least two of the original group buy had to return their units. Was it because the units where just bad...can we expect a 10% failure rate or is there another reason?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
I’m curious that at least two of the original group buy had to return their units. Was it because the units where just bad...can we expect a 10% failure rate or is there another reason?
Yes the units were just bad, I believe touch screens. There have been several sold before our group buy and as a group we bought 58. They sell head units for many different cars of all makes and models. I actually researched the company before buying, they have been in business since 2017 and have had over 10,000 transactions. Looks like most their units are built similar and I am sure they are based on the same technoligy. I would guess the defect rate is very small. Only time will tell but not going to sweat it.

221 - 240 of 322 Posts