Maserati Forum banner

201 - 220 of 794 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had an issue with the touchscreen not working. I contacted support via WhatsApp and they replied to me very quickly. You can try to calibrate the screen by placing and holding all fingers of one hand on the screen for approximately 15 seconds. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me, but it might work for you. In my case they sent a replacement to me within a few days, and it works perfectly.
Yeah. a touch screen calibration was recommended to me. I found out that the 5-finger gesture needs to be performed on the main screen after trying to perform it for several minutes in the Zlink app. My unit immediately launched the Zlink app on startup. So I had to connect a computer mouse to navigate to the main screen. Still, the 5-finger long press didn't work.

I may have made matters worse. I performed a factory reset in System settings, and this has erased some apps like Zlink (I remember seeing a lot more app squares). After managing to change the factory-default language of Chinese to English, I still couldn't get the touch screen calibration wizard to pop up.

So I'm awaiting further guidance from the vendor.

Just documenting stuff here in case anybody encounters similar issues.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Yeah. a touch screen calibration was recommended to me. I found out that the 5-finger gesture needs to be performed on the main screen after trying to perform it for several minutes in the Zlink app. My unit immediately launched the Zlink app on startup. So I had to connect a computer mouse to navigate to the main screen. Still, the 5-finger long press didn't work.

I may have made matters worse. I performed a factory reset in System settings, and this has erased some apps like Zlink (I remember seeing a lot more app squares). After managing to change the factory-default language of Chinese to English, I still couldn't get the touch screen calibration wizard to pop up.

I just received my shipping confirmation this morning and I’m getting more concerned. I’m hoping for the best but many of the recent posts give me concern. I understand over 75 units have been purchased by our community, just hoping we can work the problems out.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I just received my shipping confirmation this morning and I’m getting more concerned. I’m hoping for the best but many of the recent posts give me concern. I understand over 75 units have been purchased by our community, just hoping we can work the problems out.
I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. There have have been a few relatively minor issues with the units, but the customer support from the vendor is absolutely outstanding.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Thanks neighbor, I think we’re only an hour away, I’ve already disassembled the whole car to do the StickyRx fix, so the car is up on the Quickjack and I’ll start dissembling it again tomorrow. Nothing is perfect but I have no doubt this will be a huge improvement over the stock radio. What a great community.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Thanks neighbor, I think we’re only an hour away, I’ve already disassembled the whole car to do the StickyRx fix, so the car is up on the Quickjack and I’ll start dissembling it again tomorrow. Nothing is perfect but I have no doubt this will be a huge improvement over the stock radio. What a great community.
Knock on wood but I was one of the early buyers and have 0 problems... Yeah maybe a few things can be improved upon but overall I absolutely love it... Pandora waze YouTube Google maps and reverse cam is what I use and works and sounds amazing... One thing that is so true is there outstanding customer service half way around the world. Just been amazing. I personally think this is the best overall looking head unit you could ask for.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I was provided a touchscreen config file. Screen still doesn't work after running the file off a USB drive on startup.

I have to wait another day to get a reply since I've been receiving responses at 2 AM while I'm sleeping.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Hey, I'm in Spring Branch on the North side of Canyon Lake, off of Hwy 306. Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Hey, I'm in Spring Branch on the North side of Canyon Lake, off of Hwy 306. Where are you located?
Comanche Trace, Kerrville

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. There have have been a few relatively minor issues with the units, but the customer support from the vendor is absolutely outstanding.
Totally agree! I was one of early ones to put it in and there'a few quirks (primarily I think because I use an iPhone) but overall it's awesome! Great Decision! Here's how mine looks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Where you get the maserati logo? I want one!

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Totally agree! I was one of early ones to put it in and there'a few quirks (primarily I think because I use an iPhone) but overall it's awesome! Great Decision! Here's how mine looks! View attachment 129211
Has anyone had any luck finding the source for the emblem? It’s a must have to finish off the Install.

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
It’s in the description. 98 x 10 mm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
It’s in the description. 98 x 10 mm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That’s it! sorry I didn’t see the description further down the page. It’s pricey but it’s worth it to me...Thank you very much.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The chrome looks great on the piano black, but I'm not sure how it would look on the carbon fiber that I ordered. I may just leave it blank or maybe do one painted red to match my interior??? Probably wait to get it installed first and see. Excited to get it. Got an email from them today saying mine should ship next week.

201 - 220 of 794 Posts