Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
That's a great price Adam. I'm sorry you have to let it go. If you're interested in selling just the cover please pm me. I'll try to find you a buyer.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Wow, those cars are getting cheap! :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...I prefer "reasonably priced" rather than "cheap"- this is still a hell of a car for a great price. The MMR (Manheim auction wholesale price) is low $30's still and the majority of them I've seen on eBay recently have sold for low $30's, the market for these have taken a huuuuge hit although I suspect them to fetch a little more come spring/summer.

Just wanted to let everyone know I've dropped it to $28,250...or I will offer a $500 comission to anyone who can help me sell it. I know all you Mas owners out there have envious friends- great chance to get them to join the club without spending big bucks.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
This is the car from your list below that would make more sense in Hawaii.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indeed it would, and I would love nothing more than to have this car out here, however I recently moved to the island of Kauai and there is not a Maserati dealership here to service it.

Although I agree it would be the ideal island car, its highly impractical for me to keep it at this point in my life. I hate to sell it but I have to!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
In Kauai you need a golf kart! People drive at 40 mph on the freeway!!! It drove me nuts!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I know what you mean- everything out here is much slowwwwwwwwwer. Although after living on Oahu for some years I couldn't take the traffic anymore. You think LA traffic is bad, Oahu has over a million cars and only 3 major highways- think of how bad that stop and go traffic is for the F1.

Now, does anyone want to buy my car, haha? What do you guys think- is this a reasonable price that I'm asking? It's the cheapest on the market right now and its beyond me why it hasn't sold yet! I know the economy is bad, but not this bad :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's the cheapest on the market right now and its beyond me why it hasn't sold yet! I know the economy is bad, but not this bad :(

Yes, it's a bad time to sell now whether it's a house or a car. People aren't looking for good deals in the current market, they're looking for steals!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree... not the time to sell... it is not about the car being worth the asking price... folks are just not buying. I had my 996TT for sale for sometime at a great sale price and there were no takers... decided to keep it and just add the Maserati at a later time.

Anyhow, best of luck with the sale... it is just not the best time to sell a high-end car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree. As much as I love this car and want to keep it it's just not practical for me with the new move; although I do agree it will probably fetch more come spring time. Maybe I should just hold on to it till then...hmm

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Bring it to Kauai and rent it to tourists! ;)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Brimg it to Kauai and rent it to tourists! ;)
That's actually not a bad idea! You could probably get over $500/day. I've actually seen Spyder day rentals in the $800 - 1,200/day range last year - crazy I know. Another option would be to just rent one of those public storage places and pay the $50 a month to store it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been watching this car on ebay as I'm seriously in the market for a Spyder. There's also one in Alabama with fewer miles for around the same price. I may be crazy, but I'm looking to buy one as close to $25,000 as I can. If anyone knows of one, please let me know. Thanks and I look forward to contributing more to the forum once I'm a "real" Maserati owner.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
PowerPig, you'd be better off buying a car from someone here that you "know" than saving $3k and buying from a total stranger. Believe me, you can spend $3k in one of those cars in a heart-beat.

And he's not that far away from you. The car is in NY, right?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The car is in NY! I'm in Hawaii but it's being stored in my parents garage. I can glady arrange a test drive for you if you'd like. PM me if you're interested.

Niteroi...I also agree it's better to buy it from a known source rather than a complete stranger. I've seen the same handful of Spyders circled through different dealers/owners across the nation for one reason or the other. I'll be honest, I am at fault because I did the same when I purchased this car- looked for the lowest possible price and bought it off a complete stranger. Turns out it had a faulty radiator that I had to (coincidentally) put $3k into the car to fix. Needless to say it is now good as new. Sometimes, especially with a car like a Maserati, bargain shopping can bite you. Still, even if I was asking $30k this is still a steal. $25k you might be able to do at an auction, but buyer beware!

As for renting it out to tourists, thats not a bad idea. I'd have to look into the liability insurance and the legalities behind it, but I'd rather just sell it so I can move on to my next car (considering Cadillac XLR). Theres a Spyder on Oahu that used to rent for $1200 a day. The same guy/company has two Ferraris and a Viper that rent for about the same, but from what I've seen; with the economy struggling and tourism at a low they're hardly renting anymore.

·
Registered
196 Posts
.i...I also agree it's better to buy it from a known source rather than a complete stranger. ...
Then again, selling to someone you know may also end up to be a complete pain in the rear end. Disappointed acquaintances and friends - often unreasonably so - can be a real pain. "hey you never told me about that 1mm scratch on the wheel arch... "

(considering Cadillac XLR). ...
Ragtop Jag XK?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...in the regards of something going wrong and then having a friend pissed at you, then yes I agree. However, most of the owners on this board are pretty passionate about their cars therefore you have less of a chance of getting ripped off by a dealer or shady seller.

Ragtop Jag XK?
...never. I despise Jags and it aggravates me everytime my Spyder gets mistaken for one (it happens a lot). By the way, whats up with the rear of the new ones looking strikingly similar to an Aston Martin?
I never thought I would consider a Caddy, but after test driving the XLR I feel in love with it. Decent power, great suspension, heads up display, hard top and push button start. For the money its a phenominal car and I can get it easily serviced out here.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Jag looks.............

Ocamilo:

The reason the new Jaguar looks like an Aston Martin is because, for a time, they were both owned by Ford and shared the same design group. Ford called it the Premier Auto Group (PAG) and it consisted of Jaguar, Aston Martin, Volvo and Land Rover. All have been sold off by Ford except Volvo and it's next to go as Ford need the infusion of cash! I have a 2000 Jag XK-8 ragtop; a beautiful car. Of course, the wife drives it leaving my '03 Maser CC and C-5 Corvette in the garage for me! Good luck on selling your car; the price is fantastic and the car looks great.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts