Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks. I am looking to put continentals to replace the pirelli pzeros.

whats the difference between rosso and assymetricos please?
best wishes from uk

·
Registered
793 Posts
I am looking to put continentals to replace the pirelli pzeros.
Continentals are ok but Michelins are better. However, the PS 2's don't do well in cold climates. So, maybe for jolly ole England the Continentals would be better.

whats the difference between rosso and assymetricos please?
Rosso's are the more advanced Pirelli tire. They are used as OEM on the Challenge Stradales. They are soft and give great concerning but don't wear great.

The assymetrico's are enginered for specific vehicle sides. They are marked as to the outer side. The tend to make up for outer edge deficiencies in some tires.

As to the size you requested-275/35-18- I'd need the OEM size to tell you what change if any they would yield.

You have to be very careful with sizing so you don't affect gearing and speedo values.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Continentals are ok but Michelins are better. However, the PS 2's don't do well in cold climates. So, maybe for jolly ole England the Continentals would be better.

Rosso's are the more advanced Pirelli tire. They are used as OEM on the Challenge Stradales. They are soft and give great concerning but don't wear great.

The assymetrico's are enginered for specific vehicle sides. They are marked as to the outer side. The tend to make up for outer edge deficiencies in some tires.

As to the size you requested-275/35-18- I'd need the OEM size to tell you what change if any they would yield.

You have to be very careful with sizing so you don't affect gearing and speedo values.
It might also affect the MSP...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tyres

Thanks for the input. Its perhaps too much of a gamble to replace my OEM 265 s with 275 s if the gear ratios and msp might be affected. I got a good deal for continentals. I just might stick to pirelli pzeros. I read somewhere in the archives that someone was using 275 x 30 x 18 at rears.

·
Registered
518 Posts
a 275/35/18 will have the car very close to stock the car will be traveling 60.7 mph when the speedo reads 60, it will not affect the MSP...my current tire and wheel set reads a bit faster then this and the MSP is unaffected

·
Registered
793 Posts
You can go to a 305/30-18 and be nearly dead-on.

A 275/35-18 would run your speedo 1.1% too slow. So at 60 mph you'd actually be traveling 60.7 mph.

A 285/35-18 would run it 2.2% too slow. At 60 mph you'd actually be at 61.3 mph.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The speedo in my Coupe reads high anyway so this might be the "cure". I was thinking about doing 285/35 18s but don't want to go too wide for the rims. I think they'll be OK and wouldn't have any reservation about the 275s. JMHO

·
Registered
518 Posts
the only downside to a 305 is the 11" rim required to fit it on the car...they were big on my 10.5 I had to step back to a 295 for my rear

also if you choose a tire on tirerack and click on specs it will pull all the informaiton and available sizes on the tire you choose

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tyres/tires

Hi everyone. Am still a bit confused.

So does anyone run bigger tyres for the rear with stock rims?

What is the stock rim size anyway?

My main concern is will fitting a bigger width tyre for the rear mess up the MSP/ASC or introduce any electrical gremlins.

I dont mind the discrepency about the speedo/mpg readings.
Will it affect handling?

I dont mind the tyres not lasting long. I'm pretty set on running Pirelli Pzeros. At present I have 265 x 35 x 18 Pirelli assymetricos on rear. May put rossos.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi everyone. Am still a bit confused.

So does anyone run bigger tyres for the rear with stock rims?

What is the stock rim size anyway?

My main concern is will fitting a bigger width tyre for the rear mess up the MSP/ASC or introduce any electrical gremlins.

I dont mind the discrepency about the speedo/mpg readings.
Will it affect handling?

I dont mind the tyres not lasting long. I'm pretty set on running Pirelli Pzeros. At present I have 265 x 35 x 18 Pirelli assymetricos on rear. May put rossos.
With stock rim size 18x9.5, you could have 275/35/18 with no problem. I have 295/35/18 on my aftermarket rim. The MSP is working fine with no problem at all.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
slightly off topic

cheeky = naughty. (for those that dont speak English English)

Those of us that dont speak American "What does two and a half baths mean when you go to buy a house in the states?"

I know what a bathroom is and what a toilet is AND I know what a bidet is but I do not know what two and a half or three and a half baths mean. Can someone help please.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts