Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I am new here and this is my first Maserati. I purchased a 2008 base model GT with damage to both right side tires and new Michelin As3+ on the other side.

The catch is that I noticed the fronts were 255/35r20 instead of the proper 245. The rears are the correct 285/35r20. I could buy 3 new tires to correct the wrong front tire size. However where I am, the 245 is far more $ and way less available.

Anyone have experience with this? will the .7% diameter difference and 10mm width increase really mess with the handling/ abs/ traction control systems on these cars? Or do we have some tolerance? I just want to see what you guys think. Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Word is 255's are common sizing esp on MC models

·
Registered
274 Posts
OD variance very little different than having new tires front v old tires rear. Worst scenario would be those new front with rears at 2/32nds. Then you should have replaced all 4 anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good guys. Thank you

Since my two left side tires are at 10/32 which is 100% and the date code is 2019, I will just replace the two on the other side to match. At least until I wear down the fronts and get the chance to swap all 4 down the road

1 - 6 of 6 Posts