Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have added wheel spacers as the rims sit inboard of the body too much for my liking. This is a common upgrade that I can see from this forum. Having used spacers on half a dozen of my previous and current vehicles I have not had any complaints.

Here are a few before photos. I have also measured the gap to the body with a level. The fronts are 30mm in from the centre of the wheel arch whereas the rear is 25mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The following are images with the spacers installed. I put 20mm on the front and 25mm on the rear on side and the opposite on the other in order to see what I prefer. These 3 photos are of the 20 front/25 rear setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have always used H&R for my cars and Bora for the trucks. This time I decided to try the Bloxsport ones out. They are made from high grade Aluminum and have a black finish, which was something I was looking for to match the OEM black Neptune wheels. They are nicely built. Just be aware that the 20mm spacers are bolt-through and come with 17mm hex bolts whereas the 25mm are bolt-on and retain the stock bolts which are 22mm chrome. So testing things out to see which fitment I prefer and which looks better to me. I will send a pic of both bolt finishes when I get a chance.

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
356 Posts
I have always used H&R for my cars and Bora for the trucks. This time I decided to try the Bloxsport ones out. They are made from high grade Aluminum and have a black finish, which was something I was looking for to match the OEM black Neptune wheels. They are nicely built. Just be aware that the 20mm spacers are bolt-through and come with 17mm hex bolts whereas the 25mm are bolt-on and retain the stock bolts which are 22mm chrome. So testing things out to see which fitment I prefer and which looks better to me. I will send a pic of both bolt finishes when I get a chance.
I was looking at Bloxsport ones, someone else here put 25mm in the front and 30mm in the back and they looked great too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks clean! Nicely done.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Did you add these purely for the looks or does it improve handling also? If so, how would you characterize it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cannot comment on the effects on the GT as I have not had much time behind the wheel without the spacers on. However, on some of my other vehicles I have noticed subtle benefits on top of the improved aesthetics. For my previous Audi S6, it enhanced initial turn-in and steering feel while doing so, keeping in mind it is a nose heavy vehicle. With regards to the F150 it feels more stable, once again I find this most upon first steering inputs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts