Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I guess i'm not much of a Corvette guy, as I've been accused of hating on the new C8. Not sure if it's a good direction, (like they would ask me about their direction-lol), but the new 'Vette" just looks kinda weird to me. Can't exactly put my finger on it though :unsure:. I also can't get past how similar the interior looks to the early renderings of the Lexus LC500...

Before the C8 was due to come out, my die-hard Corvette buddy was rantin' and ravin' about it being a 60k supercar! I remember telling him, "yeah right, see if you want that 60k version." :ROFLMAO:
So after he spec'd out his C8, some 98k later, ZR1 this one thing and then another he at least had to recognize and give me my props on that part! I'm excited for him and all, and will probably be happier than him when his car finally arrives. But if he says ONE MORE TIME about how it looks like a Ferrari...NOT, I'm going to separate his head from his body:eek:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think it looks a lot more like the new NSX and a Gallardo got together....
I gotta admit though that it does look better in real life than all the pictures I saw. No matter though, I'm still not a 'vette guy. Too many of them around.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I had a NSX, 2001... What a wonderful machine that was! So don't do that to Acura, BrianGTC lol :LOL::ROFLMAO::p

·
Registered
188 Posts
I love the look of the original NSX! I’ve heard they were incredible machines!
The C8 looks nothin like that lol.

The new NSX’s are ok, but not as clean as yours.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Strange how for all its abilities, it was never a runaway hit. Functionally, fabulous, it was just a little too sterile and did not have that emotional factor, something the Asians have never quite gotten right. It is precisely what killed the Prelude. Motor was too sewing machine smotth, anemic sounding exhaust etc. I test drove one of the last gen cars and came away bored. The original 1986 Prelude Si was way ahead of its time even though it was FWD DOH!!!
The new NSX is an another example of character lost in translation. Nothing about it has that raw emotional side. The exhaust note needs work for example. It is too dependent on the electronannies and doesn't let the driver take over, for better or worse. They priced it in the land of unobtanium. I hate GTR's but they were smart by introducing it at a price to get folks in the showrooms, now the prices have entered the silly zone, but they have a following.

The C8 is what they needed 2 generations ago except for the Z06 versions which were VERY credible track beasts.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
As a former owner of the older style NSX, that car was a blast to drive for 4 years. It was as smooth as butter and deadly reliable! I for one was over the moon that it wasn't a 'runaway hit.'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts