Maserati Forum banner

2019 Ghibli sq4 service - oil reset light

7K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  MikeDiesel87 
#1 ·
Will any of the obd scanners like obdstar reset a 19 ghibli service light?

i see in some places they only (obdstar) do up to 2018, autel was vague as well.

thanks brian

#2 ·
You can't reset the service indicator on a 2019 car with any generic scan tool without using a 12/8 pin bypass connector for the security gateway connector... You can google 12/8 FCA bypass connector..Jason

#12 ·
#13 ·
Lots of good info in this thread. I wonder if the Z Automotive device can be plugged in permanently (so the kick panel doesn't need to be taken out every time) and all bidirectional interaction with the car is via the regular OBD port, while the cheaper Amazon cable has to be plugged in every time a reset is needed and it offers its own plug for the OBD device. Jason, did I get this right? Also, what OBD devices or software do you recommend? Thinking of installing a Bluetooth enabled OBD plug and connecting to it via a phone app. Smth like this maybe: https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Blue...mzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

Thanks y'all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.