Maserati Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,517 Posts
I think you totally missed my point! lol I am saying due to the dated, tech, etc on my '17, I should take the $80k and run, which is what I am doing.
Sarge, you know as well as I that you're not going to get anywhere close to $80K on a '17. (If you can, more power to you). Many '18's and even some '19's are being sold in the $80K-$90K range. We're already heading into the 2021 model year and your car will be 4 years old. You're looking for that one "needle in the haystack" and as DSGT said, you'll be looking for a looong time. Meanwhile your GT sits and keeps losing value.

I think one possibility might be to try the auction market to see if you can lure that one enthusiast.

Cars and Bids (which got started by Doug Demuro) is one example which draws a lot of unique cars and buyers.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Sarge, you know as well as I that you're not going to get anywhere close to $80K on a '17. (If you can, more power to you). Many '18's and even some '19's are being sold in the $80K-$90K range. We're already heading into the 2021 model year and your car will be 4 years old. You're looking for that one "needle in the haystack" and as DSGT said, you'll be looking for a looong time. Meanwhile your GT sits and keeps losing value.

I think one possibility might be to try the auction market to see if you can lure that one enthusiast.

Cars and Bids (which got started by Doug Demuro) is one example which draws a lot of unique cars and buyers.
Lol!!! Your not reading what I posed above correctly bud! I did get it, deposit already was received and balance was initiated and expected to hit today / tomorrow. She's slated to ship out to the new buyer on Thursday. :cool:
In all fairness, it's probably one of the best examples out there and the special camera and photographer, really showcased it's beauty and condition. The Nero Carbonio over Cuoio is really a stunner in person, especially w/ the top down. It constantly draws attention and admiration. Guy is from a desert state, so top will always be down, etc. "Appears" I found the right guy and he will be equally awarded w/ a pristine example...

Reactions: DSGT

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Congrats, Sarge.

Best of luck with your future rides.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Congrats, Sarge.

Best of luck with your future rides.
Thanks psb, next Masti in the crosshairs, is the Levante for wifey. Kids getting older and my oldest of 3, gets her full license in Jan. Therefore, we can drop the 3 row X7, once it goes back next year. She's been driving 3 row monsters, since my son was born in '08, when we switched from an '06 Cayenne S, to an '08 Escalade. The trofeo is really sweet, but she's the typical hot blonde, that drives fast as hell, so best to get entry level motor. lol

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
558 Posts
I agree the Nero Carbonio is a stunning color. Mine has a bianco preciato interior which is a stark and stunning contrast to the rest of the car.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
So she's officially sold and gone as of last Sat, $80k in the bank and all! It's a shame I only drove her 3,400 miles in 3.5yrs, but it is what it is. I think I got tired of her too quick, cause a major fault of Masi, what not to make the MC much more special that a GTS. I owned a '13 GTS before the MC....
When you go from a 5 series, even an M550 to an M5 (of which I have), it's a whole new world. Masi did everything right w/ the MC, other than boost the power. However, it's a rolling work of art (hail to Pininfarina) and did enjoy driving w/ the top down, hearing the MC's insane exhaust and winning first place in a show in class. I hope the Alfieri comes to fruition one day and next Masu for me as mentioned above is a Levante for Wifey in '22.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
So she's officially sold and gone as of last Sat, $80k in the bank and all! It's a shame I only drove her 3,400 miles in 3.5yrs, but it is what it is. I think I got tired of her too quick, cause a major fault of Masi, what not to make the MC much more special that a GTS. I owned a '13 GTS before the MC....
When you go from a 5 series, even an M550 to an M5 (of which I have), it's a whole new world. Masi did everything right w/ the MC, other than boost the power. However, it's a rolling work of art (hail to Pininfarina) and did enjoy driving w/ the top down, hearing the MC's insane exhaust and winning first place in a show in class. I hope the Alfieri comes to fruition one day and next Masu for me as mentioned above is a Levante for Wifey in '22.
Do I sense a bit of seller's remorse there, Sarge?

In my opinion, I think you got extremely lucky selling your car for $80K, esp. during the height of the pandemic. However, on the flip side, you definately didn't get your money's worth as an owner. You barely drove the car which, like you said, is a shame. You really don't get to know the car unless you drive it regularly and tack on the miles. My GT-S is one of my dailies (my Vantage being the other). I drive my dailies year-round, even in winter. It's really satisfying driving these cars regularly and exploring their limits and personalities at different times of the year. It's money well spent.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Do I sense a bit of seller's remorse there, Sarge?

In my opinion, I think you got extremely lucky selling your car for $80K, esp. during the height of the pandemic. However, on the flip side, you definately didn't get your money's worth as an owner. You barely drove the car which, like you said, is a shame. You really don't get to know the car unless you drive it regularly and tack on the miles. My GT-S is one of my dailies (my Vantage being the other). I drive my dailies year-round, even in winter. It's really satisfying driving these cars regularly and exploring their limits and personalities at different times of the year. It's money well spent.
No, just sort of wrote an obituary for it! lol I planned all along on selling it, since I made my plan to by my 458 in March for my 50th. Since I rarely drove her and she was now being kept out at a vacation home w/ the Porsche, it would be even less, because I favored driving the classic 911. Therefore, i'd put the sale $ towards my Ferrari. Which after all said and done, had me $235k out of pocket. I hear you on the daily aspect, but just not practical in my situation and climate. The new owner will surely drive it wheels off, since he's in Nevada (I think round Vegas), so at least she went, to a good home.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts