Maserati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Ok, so back on topic! lol
Here's the listing w/ professional pics, she truly is a stunner! Just had her serviced, so all up to snuff!
Asking $89k, PM me if interested.....
A photo from Maserati by Cardona

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Good looking car, damn shame about that mileage though.
:p

·
Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo MC
197 Posts
Good luck with the sale!

General question....Don't the 2014+ MCs come with three scoops in the hood? Or is that only true for the coupe?

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,517 Posts
Good luck with the sale!

General question....Don't the 2014+ MCs come with three scoops in the hood? Or is that only true for the coupe?

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk
Only the Grancabrio MC Centennial versions come with the 3 scoops, unlike the MC coupe. (which to me is a bit strange).

Reactions: Sargepug

·
Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo MC
197 Posts
Only the Grancabrio MC Centennial versions come with the 3 scoops, unlike the MC coupe. (which to me is a bit strange).
Huh...interesting. That is strange indeed.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Good looking car, damn shame about that mileage though.
:p
I hear ya, wish I had driven her more. I think I got tired of her too quick, cause I had a '13 GTS coupe before that. Whereas I already put over 1k on the clock of my '14 458, that I bought in March,

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I hear ya, wish I had driven her more. I think I got tired of her too quick, cause I had a '13 GTS coupe before that. Whereas I already put over 1k on the clock of my '14 458, that I bought in March,
Good man on that 458 mileage (y)

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
With the rising pandemic and tanking economy, this is the worst possible time to sell a car. It's a total buyer's market right now. You're never going to get anywhere close to your asking price. Many dealers are selling their poorly-selling cars at or below cost just to get rid of them. I bought my '18 GTS Grancabrio w/only 6K miles at a wholesale price ($75K) because the dealer didn't want it taking up space. I would wait until next year to see what the market is like.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
With the rising pandemic and tanking economy, this is the worst possible time to sell a car. It's a total buyer's market right now. You're never going to get anywhere close to your asking price. Many dealers are selling their poorly-selling cars at or below cost just to get rid of them. I bought my '18 GTS Grancabrio w/only 6K miles at a wholesale price ($75K) because the dealer didn't want it taking up space. I would wait until next year to see what the market is like.
Understood, but I have nothing to lose and can wait for the right buyer. My friend who's a broker isn't charging me a dime either. ;)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Now that the MC has been sitting so long, I'm tempted to accept an offer of $80k at this point. I know you bought your '18 GTS for $75k, but that had the much needed tech to update the car. As a purist, I prefer the '17 as the last untouched by Chrysler, but the market out there I feel would favor it....

·
Premium Member
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
329 Posts
Not sure where you are located but used cars are selling at a premium down here.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Not sure where you are located but used cars are selling at a premium down here.
THis is my understanding as well, cause COVID, has made the used car market stronger, since used is obviously more affordable than new. My friend / broker, said it's a good deal and to snatch it. My insurance renews in Dec, so that's another $1,500 or so I can save, etc.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Actually, you can get much better deals on many new cars as a lot of manufacturers are offering some terrific incentives on lease deals. Also, you can get much lower interest rates on financing on new cars compared to used.

That being said, I wouldn't run out and buy brand new, fast depreciating cars like Maserati's where its models can lose half its value after 2-3 years.

Also, while the overall market on used cars is good, it also depends on the type of car. SUV's and trucks are still the highest in demand. At the bottom end are coupes and sports cars.

Let's be real, when you sell or trade-in your GT, you will ALWAYS come out on the losing end.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Now that the MC has been sitting so long, I'm tempted to accept an offer of $80k at this point. I know you bought your '18 GTS for $75k, but that had the much needed tech to update the car. As a purist, I prefer the '17 as the last untouched by Chrysler, but the market out there I feel would favor it....
Tell me, Sarge, what "market" would favor a car with tech that's at least 20 years old and has a useless infotainment system?

The niche of buyers looking for a sporty coupe is already super small. Now you're trying to go after a certain buyer who's looking for something very specific. Good luck with that.

Sorry for sounding too discouraging but you have to face the reality that the GT is not as popular in the market as you think it is. Look at Ebay. At any given time, there are literally a dozen pages of used GT's for sale.

At some point, you're going to have to swallow your pride a bit and sell your car for whatever you can get out of it because time isn't in your favor. Depreciation doesn't sit still.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,639 Posts
I could be wrong but I think for the overwhelming majority of GTS buyers, technology / infotainment is not even anywhere in the top ten considerations toward the purchase of this car.
But yes, there are a ton of very inexpensive models out there and in excellent shape , so if someone has to weigh spending another 50 % or more for a “perfect“ sample vs. a “very nice“ one, I think that limits the prospective buyers pool to little more than a handful of people willing to pay that premium. You’ll find them, but it may take a looong time. IMO.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Tell me, Sarge, what "market" would favor a car with tech that's at least 20 years old and has a useless infotainment system?

The niche of buyers looking for a sporty coupe is already super small. Now you're trying to go after a certain buyer who's looking for something very specific. Good luck with that.

Sorry for sounding too discouraging but you have to face the reality that the GT is not as popular in the market as you think it is. Look at Ebay. At any given time, there are literally a dozen pages of used GT's for sale.

At some point, you're going to have to swallow your pride a bit and sell your car for whatever you can get out of it because time isn't in your favor. Depreciation doesn't sit still.
I think you totally missed my point! lol I am saying due to the dated, tech, etc on my '17, I should take the $80k and run, which is what I am doing.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts