Maserati Forum banner
21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Nice pickup, Sarge! (y)

Actually, the GT shares a similar engine block with the F430/458 but there are crucial differences. For one, the F430/458 has a flat-plane V8, whereas the GT's a cross-plane. Also, much less hp/torque in the GT.
Of course! I only meant the block, which is the Ferrari / Mas F136 engine. From the block on up, it's bonkers.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not sure about people rushing out to buy to buy exotics with unemployment almost 15% and expected to go higher.

I had basically no revenue for the past couple months when I was forced to shut down my dental practice. Even with the re-opening, it's unclear what the economy will look like the rest of the year.

No more big purchases for me the rest of the year. Got to keep the lid on the cash!
All depends on your profession and Dental got murdered. My Dentist is only open for emergencies. I'm a NYC site-work General contractor w/ essential work / hospitals and roadways going on, and got my PPP weeks ago. Thankfully, i've been able to weather the storm....
Best of luck recovering!!!

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
638 Posts
BAT is all over the place with values and it seemed like the low end "luxury" cars are getting a boost in value while middle range ones stalemate and the top end ones have experienced no effect as those buyers always have money.

Couple of GTs sold within the last few months but they were all older coupes, 08-12 and they sold for$28-30k which is about right.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,667 Posts
With or without a Maserati , hoping you’ll still check-in here , once in a while.. your experiences with the car, while you had it, can be of value to many of us .. no need to abandon the forum :sneaky:
As for the 458, what a beauty !! And an exotic car with a “window“ to the engine is eye candy bliss !

·
Registered
494 Posts
Not sure about people rushing out to buy to buy exotics with unemployment almost 15% and expected to go higher.

I had basically no revenue for the past couple months when I was forced to shut down my dental practice. Even with the re-opening, it's unclear what the economy will look like the rest of the year.

No more big purchases for me the rest of the year. Got to keep the lid on the cash!
This is info from one of the top 2 exotic dealership in indiana.. they sold a huracan yesterday and they only had it for a week..

he was scrambling to buy more from the auction today (while i was sitting with him this morning)

people are getting tax returns, some ppl are now getting their stimulus checks.. im in jewelry retail.. so business is excellent at the moment..

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
BAT is all over the place with values and it seemed like the low end "luxury" cars are getting a boost in value while middle range ones stalemate and the top end ones have experienced no effect as those buyers always have money.

Couple of GTs sold within the last few months but they were all older coupes, 08-12 and they sold for$28-30k which is about right.
Yes, but those are apples and oranges, compared to a '17 MC Cabrio. They don't even have the 4.7...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
With or without a Maserati , hoping you’ll still check-in here , once in a while.. your experiences with the car, while you had it, can be of value to many of us .. no need to abandon the forum :sneaky:
As for the 458, what a beauty !! And an exotic car with a “window“ to the engine is eye candy bliss !
For sure! Feel free to ask me any questions. Masi wise, I expect to be back in the Fam Dam in a couple years. Right now wifey needs 3 rows, cause none of my 3 kids are of driving age (15,14,12). So she has an X7 right now, once that goes back, I plan on putting here in a Levante or Quattroporte. ;)

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,667 Posts
Agreed, the 4.7 engine and the 13 + style seats , TO ME , are worth paying at least 50 % more for the car vs a ‘12 model, and that’s with all else being equal and only one year difference . Meaning a 13 vs a 12 , same condition same mileage, etc. But then in this case comparing 08-12 GT models with a 17 MC is categorically apples and oranges. I can certainly understand a certain portion of the buyer demographic’s thinking, as well as budget which leads one to consider these being minor differences, so they’ll gladly take a, say, 2010 for $ 30 K, instead of paying nearly triple the price for a much newer model...while the other demographic, would not consider a car more than a couple of years old no matter how much of a bargain it may be..

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Agreed, the 4.7 engine and the 13 + style seats , TO ME , are worth paying at least 50 % more for the car vs a ‘12 model, and that’s with all else being equal and only one year difference . Meaning a 13 vs a 12 , same condition same mileage, etc. But then in this case comparing 08-12 GT models with a 17 MC is categorically apples and oranges. I can certainly understand a certain portion of the buyer demographic’s thinking, as well as budget which leads one to consider these being minor differences, so they’ll gladly take a, say, 2010 for $ 30 K, instead of paying nearly triple the price for a much newer model...while the other demographic, would not consider a car more than a couple of years old no matter how much of a bargain it may be..
Correct and in '13 for that matter, it also had a face lift and other upgrades. ;) That's when I got into the game, w/ a '13 GTS.

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
638 Posts
I'm not comparing the pre-12 to a 17GTMC.

I'm talking generally about what I've seen in each segment of the market from BAT sales.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sounds like you're in no NEED to sell, which is great. It means you can hold out for the price you want to let it go for. It's in absolutely pristine condition and I think someone who is looking for that very spec, down to the color combination, will be wiling t pony up for it. When I bought mine, I could have saved $15k in one case to buy a 13 but it was White with beige interior. That was a hard no for me. I would have saved money but regretted the color. Good luck buddy! I'm sure it'll go to the right home.

Reactions: Sargepug

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
too low, i'll hold out. ;)

Reactions: jetspeed

·
Registered
494 Posts
With no granturismo’s produced for 2020-2023 maybe... just maybe there will be a shortage in the used car market and prices might go up

·
Registered
25 Posts
With no granturismo’s produced for 2020-2023 maybe... just maybe there will be a shortage in the used car market and prices might go up
Seriously ? Ugh. This has been repeated 8,429 times over the past decade. I love GTs. I own 7 of them. They are awesome but I can pick them up for great prices. In fact they have slumped even more and with the 20 year old tech in them people dump them for pennies on the dollar. These will never go up. The jag people say this about the f type (own 2), Merca about rhe AMGs Hell the Shelby people say this about the mass produced GT500s. In the end once they become used they are just that used cars. And outdated ones at that (still love em). The only cars to appreciate are super low production numbers that were sold at extremely high prices.
Keep holding out for the increase, I’ll keep buying them at 30-40 all day long. 😁

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Holding out to get the price you want is most likely never going to happen, but good luck though!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Seriously ? Ugh. This has been repeated 8,429 times over the past decade. I love GTs. I own 7 of them. They are awesome but I can pick them up for great prices. In fact they have slumped even more and with the 20 year old tech in them people dump them for pennies on the dollar. These will never go up. The jag people say this about the f type (own 2), Merca about rhe AMGs Hell the Shelby people say this about the mass produced GT500s. In the end once they become used they are just that used cars. And outdated ones at that (still love em). The only cars to appreciate are super low production numbers that were sold at extremely high prices.
Keep holding out for the increase, I’ll keep buying them at 30-40 all day long. 😁
The cars that appreciate with actual value will be the ultra low mileage ones relative to the rest of the market. I find it hard to believe many they will sink below $20k though. It's too reliable overall, and exotic, with some Ferrari heritage.

Personally I think ZF quattroportes are obnoxiously underpriced.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Low mileage and low production figures. If Maserati had produced a number below 4,000 GT’s the value would have
held up. A production run of 33,000 over 12 years doesn’t help. Even cars that were unloved when they first came
out (Bricklin,Delorean,Avanti,etc.) go up after awhile due to the low numbers produced.

21 - 40 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.