Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if I am in worn section, but I can't find a classifieds forum.....

I am selling my orig owner '17 MC Cabrio. She has just over 3k on the clock and in mint condition. I also had her wrapped couple weeks after new. She is truly stunning in Nero Carbonio over Cuoio and took first place in class, in only show ever entered. She was also chosen to represent the Masi name, in being chosen for the first ever car show, featured on Unique rides. Here are the pics and PM me if interested. I'll post the sticker later on, but it had an MSRP around $170k.

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the award and Unique rides pics.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,517 Posts
Sad to see another longtime member go.

Good luck, Sarge. Hope we'll see you back one day with another GT.

Reactions: Sargepug

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had it appraised, by a friend in the biz. Many variables out there, mileage first, how it's optioned, condition, etc. This one is cream of the crop!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had it appraised, by a friend in the biz and definitely worth more that what you guys are saying above. Many variables out there, mileage, how it's optioned, color combo, condition, etc. This one is truly the cream of the crop!

·
Registered
21 Posts
No doubt it is mint but that still won’t command more than $80 or at most $85K. Older info system and values dictate worth unfortunately.

As is often said :it’s only worth what someone will pay for it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No doubt it is mint but that still won’t command more than $80 or at most $85K. Older info system and values dictate worth unfortunately.

As is often said :it’s only worth what someone will pay for it.
We shall see! ;)

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Unfortunately. Another member said he bought one from a dealer, 2018 for $75k, forgot the mileage.
That was me. A few weeks ago, I bought a 2018 GT-S Grancabrio which only had 6K miles. Listed at $79K but was able to negotiate it down to $75K.

I sold my '13 MC Grancabrio last fall for $55K (which had about 16K miles on it).

It's a bad time right now to sell a car due to the ongoing pandemic and recession. Car values are plummeting like a rock and some dealers are flat right out refusing to take in as trade any car they know won't sell for a long time.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was me. I bought a 2018 GT-S Grancabrio which only had 6K miles. Listed at $79K but was able to negotiate it down to $75K.

I sold my '13 MC Grancabrio last fall for $55K (which had about 16K miles on it).
Glad you chimed in here on the '18, cause the response was misleading, being that a GTS was sold at that as opposed to an MC!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Glad you chimed in here on the '18, cause the response was misleading, being that a GTS was sold at that as opposed to an MC!
Unfortunately, from the dealer's perspective, MC or GT-S doesn't matter to the overall value I'm afraid. Last year, when I took my '13 MC Grancabrio to several dealerships to get it appraised, I got similar trade-in values as GT-S models from the same year and with similar miles. To them, MC or GT-S will both sell poorly and will sit on their lots for a long time.

It's best to avoid dealerships and to try to sell your MC privately to a buyer who appreciates what the MC offers.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unfortunately, from the dealer's perspective, MC or GT-S doesn't matter to the overall value I'm afraid. Last year, when I took my '13 MC Grancabrio to several dealerships to get it appraised, I got similar trade-in values as GT-S models from the same year and with similar miles. To them, MC or GT-S will both sell poorly and will sit on their lots for a long time.

It's best to avoid dealerships and to try to sell your MC privately to a buyer who appreciates what the MC offers.
Absolutely and dealerships are full of shit! lol

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Absolutely and dealerships are full of shit! lol
It's a bad time to sell a car in this economic climate we're in right now. It's a total buyer's market and it's flooded with used cars. If you go to Cars.com or any other online car shopping site, there are literally dozens of pages just for used GT's for sale.

If you're able to, I would try to maybe hang on to your MC until next year when prices hopefully stabilize.

In any case, good luck!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It's a bad time to sell a car in this economic climate we're in right now. It's a total buyer's market and it's flooded with used cars. If you go to Cars.com or any other online car shopping site, there are literally dozens of pages just for used GT's for sale.

If you're able to, I would try to maybe hang on to your MC until next year when prices hopefully stabilize.

In any case, good luck!
Thanks and I'm in no rush and won't let it go, for less that what I want. I just simply outgrew the car, I've owned a new '13 GTS and rolled into the '17, so i've had basically the same car for 7yrs. I also have a few other "toys" and picked up this 2014 w/ 4,400 on the clock a couple months ago! The ironic thing, is that the 458, has the same F136 engine! Talk about an incredible machine, WOW!

·
Registered
407 Posts
More people are buying high end cars at this moment

dealerships were slow in march/april when this pandemic started but right now dealerships in indiana are selling ferrari’s and lamborghini’s faster than they have ever been..

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

dealerships were slow in march/april when this pandemic started but right now dealerships in indiana are selling ferrari’s and lamborghini’s faster than they have ever been..
Well, before all this shut down BS, the economy was BOOMING, so not getting why it was slow. However, summer fever is here and people are out buying again.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Thanks and I'm in no rush and won't let it go, for less that what I want. I just simply outgrew the car, I've owned a new '13 GTS and rolled into the '17, so i've had basically the same car for 7yrs. I also have a few other "toys" and picked up this 2014 w/ 4,400 on the clock a couple months ago! The ironic thing, is that the 458, has the same F136 engine! Talk about an incredible machine, WOW! View attachment 131572 View attachment 131573 View attachment 131574 View attachment 131575 View attachment 131576

Nice pickup, Sarge! (y)

Actually, the GT shares a similar engine block with the F430/458 but there are crucial differences. For one, the F430/458 has a flat-plane V8, whereas the GT's a cross-plane. Also, much less hp/torque in the GT.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts

Not sure about people rushing out to buy to buy exotics with unemployment almost 15% and expected to go higher.

I had basically no revenue for the past couple months when I was forced to shut down my dental practice. Even with the re-opening, it's unclear what the economy will look like the rest of the year.

No more big purchases for me the rest of the year. Got to keep the lid on the cash!

Reactions: ddsski
1 - 20 of 108 Posts